trade Ghanaian seed trade/giveaway

Hi there,

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, planning for 2013 is well underway. Since I'd still like to see as many people growing these as possible, I am re-offering these seeds (here's a link to the original "Treasures from Ghana" discussion.)

Here's the deal:
  • one SASBE will get you two varieties of your choice.
  • one SASBE + pepper seeds from your own garden not on my grow list will get you all three varieties
Here are a few more pictures from the end of last season.

Kpakpo shito (C. chinense):
7988359260_8573ba55cb_d.jpg

(They're normally harvested and eaten green like this. The cornerstone of the Ghanaian hotsauce "shito".)

Mako akokɔsrade: (C. chinense)
7988347318_c5aab3d4cd_d.jpg

(*very* prolific, and the most aromatic pepper I've encountered anywhere.)

Mako kokoo (C. chinense):
7988351804_6a859a2f75_d.jpg

(The workhorse of Ghanaian spicy peppers; an all-purpose habanero that goes into all manner of stews and meat rubs.)

PM if interested.

im growing the MAKO AKOKSRADE this season

thanks for the pic looks alot like a fatalii or a yellow Bhut

Mako akokɔsrade peppers are about half the size, and with a very different flavors -- more melon, less citrus. Here's a picture of the original peppers that I collected (the ruler is showing centimers.)

7470206034_03d141f921_c_d.jpg

Heya Mr. Delaney,

Is this offer still open? I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I'm super excited to possibly get a chance to sow these particular seeds for my family. I hope the answer is YES.

Cheers,
Doctor B.

Looks like the offer was from 5 months ago...
Thanks for pointing out the obvious but I don't see the harm in asking if the man has some seeds left, even if its 5 months later. There's still hope for a 2014 planting or even an indoor cultivation from his previous or potential 2013 crop, so I think Island-Dan & my inquiries are absolutely justified. These specific peppers are important to me for personal reasons & if I can't ask a question on this forum without a condescending response then I will happily retract my original post & find alternative sources.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but I don't see the harm in asking if the man has some seeds left, even if its 5 months later. There's still hope for a 2014 planting or even an indoor cultivation from his previous or potential 2013 crop, so I think Island-Dan & my inquiries are absolutely justified. These specific peppers are important to me for personal reasons & if I can't ask a question on this forum without a condescending response then I will happily retract my original post & find alternative sources.

I don't think ms1476 was trying to be rude or condescending. I think he was just trying to be nice by pointing that out.

Back