• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DonDix Hydroponics Growlog...

Hi pepperlovers... :welcome:

Inspired by all your growlogs I decided to start one my self... I have only started my second season and this is the first attempt to grow hydroponics... I have read alot and think that I am well suited to start, but I don't expect it to not cause any trouble...

I bought a WaterFarm and drilled larger and more holes into the topbucket and throw an airstone into the reservoir... I read somewhere that it could improve the system a little... Beside that I throw together some parts and got myself a bubblerbucket...

I bought the 3 part nutrients from General Hydroponics (Flora), PH-down and a PH-testkit as well... I have an EC-meter on the way home from somewhere in asia...

Untill I get the EC-meter I have to just to cross my fingers and hope that what I calculated is somewhere near reality... I was told the PPM of the tapwater somewhere near and it should be somewhere around 300 ppm and I made a solution just under 400 ppm by using the calculater from General Hydroponics website... I guess that those two numbers should be added to each other and I will be somewhere around 700 ppm... I will find out when the EC-meter arrives...

The PH was ajusted to somewhere around 6... - I think its a little difficult to compare the colour of the clear solution with a printed colour om the label of the indicator-fluid... I better get used to that part as I'm going to do it a few times a week...

I had a few sedlings to choise from... All where started in jiffys before I got the plans of growing hydroponically... But I carefully rinsed the roots and transplanted them into soaked rockwool-tubes...

The ones I choise where 7 Pod Yellow and Bhut Orange Copenhagen (BOC)...

Thanks for reading...

Pictures from 10. dec 2012 - Both just transplanted...

BOC
boc101212.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
y7101212.jpg

Picture from 20. dec 2012

BOC is getting a little pale and setting a pair of deform leaves...

boc201212.jpg

The drip system did leave a lot of mineral-spots on the leaves and i just sprayed the leaves with clear tapwater and attepted to wash of the minerals carefully...

Later I will post two more pictures when I get home...

Pictures from 4. jan 2013:

I think I have transplanted the BOC too deep... 4 of the lower leaves I have cut of now, because they where always soaked by the dripring and they didn't seem to like that at all... :-(

BOC
foto1dgj.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
foto2obw.jpg

Roots of the Yellow 7 Pod
foto3wl.jpg

Thanx alot... I'm pretty relieved that it seems to be going right... :-)

I wish you a great season as well... :-)

During this week I had to cut the tip some of the leaves on the BOC - they simply dont like laying on the wet nuts... Instead of cutting the whole leave off I just took the tips... Next time I grow in the WaterFarm I will make something to prevent the leaves from having contact with the nuts...

I'm still waiting for the EC-meter wich have been on its way since start dec... The plants seems to like the conditions, so no worries yet...

Pictures from 10. jan 2013

BOC
foto1rb.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
foto2jd.jpg

foto3td.jpg

The hydro plants are developing great root systems!
Looks like you started out on the right foot!

Yes everything seems to work atm... Hope that the BOC will gain some height soon so that the leaves will stop getting in contact with the nuts...

Hi everyone...

Not anything about the hydro this time, but thought that I would just show some of the plants in soil... Both started first week of september and have been grown under LED...

The 7 Pod Primo Orange is the first one I let flower this season... I'm excited to see if it will fruit under the LED's - there is yet a few months untill I will let the plants go to the windows around because of the short days here in Denmark at this time of the year...

7 Pod Primo Orange (4,5 litre pot)
foto1iyu.jpg

First flowers on 7 Pod Primo Orange
foto2ng.jpg

Carolina Reaper (6,5 litre pot)
foto3qi.jpg

Carolina Reaper from above...
foto4jwo.jpg

Now its time for a new update... The EC-meter arrived yesterday - finally and to my big surprise there is a very big difference in EC of the two systems now after 2 weeks with the solutions I made... The yellow 7 pod was 680 ppm and the boc was at 1040 ppm... That might be unnessessary... So today I'm gonna make new resolutions... And try to get it around the 500-600... The yellow 7 seems to like it now...

Can anyone tell me if it is okay to let the resolutions run for more than 2 weeks as long as the EC and PH is okay... There is no direct sunligt at all and the resolutions is below 20C...

Here we go - new pictures - from yesterday... The boc doesn't grow that fast... I will lower the EC right away and see if that does any difference...

Pictures from 17. Jan 2013

BOC
foto1db.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
foto2fi.jpg

foto3pz.jpg

Thanx... :-)

The pump is an 120 liters per hour... If it is the color of the roots that is concerning you I do think that it is from the solution... Or maybe Im wrong...

It's isn't the root color that concerns me it's the limp leaves that are folding under. The plant is a beautiful green it's just not standing up like your other plants.

Give a light pull on the brown roots and see if the brown just slides off onto your fingers. If it does you may want to hit them with the H2O2.

Oh... Well I will try it when I get home from work... Hit the roots with water? Do you mean rinse the roots in clear tempered water? The lower height could maybe be because of the intense light the two hydroplants has got... They are closer to the lamps than any of my other plants...

Back