• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RoninGarden 2013 Glog

Welcome to another season of RoninGarden,

In this episode...

2013 is here, and a new season is upon us.

This season I got a good head start on the summer outdoor season. I've started a few new strains for 2013 as well as carrying over a few from 2012.

Currently the kids are residing in my closet, within a makeshift grow room.
All are in Airpots varying in size from 1/2 liter for the new sprouts, to 1.5 gallon for the 2012 survivors.
Lighting is a dual bulb t8 fixture running 6500k lamps.
My growing medium is Promix Bx.

Here's the lineup for 2013:

2012 survivors in closet grow area:
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Red Brain Strain
Yellow Bhut Jolokia (thanks Taxing)
Giant Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad Scorpion
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion #2
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion #3
White Habanero
Yellow Devils Tongue

Kitchen table:
Atomic Starfish

Bedroom Desklamp Bonchi:
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion #1

2013 newbies in 1/2 liter airpots:

Thanks to Jedisushi06 for the seeds in #'s 2-12!

#14 sprout is currently in root booster bubbler contraption.

Seeds currently in Rapid Rooters on wifi:

Thanks to PepperProblem for the seeds in #'s 14-19!

Here's a few pics of the kids..
IMG_9062_zps95024ca3.jpg

IMG_9053_zps684518df.jpg

Left:
IMG_9054_zps5360ab4f.jpg

Middle:
IMG_9057_zpsfb33c078.jpg

Right (new sprouts):
IMG_9059_zps314f4dfa.jpg

View from above:
IMG_9060_zpscc6d7bb8.jpg

Sprout #14 in bubbler:
IMG_9065_zps7128b544.jpg

All peppers will receive nutrients via General Hydroponics General Organics series.
IMG_9047_zps664cb36a.jpg

I used these nutes in 2012 with great results, so I'm sticking with what has worked for me...

Having recently moved, my summer growing space has been reduced by half compared to what I had in 2012.
None the less, I'm planning on moving all peppers outside once summer rolls around so they can enjoy the wonderful Colorado sun..
At this point, the plan is to move them into root pruning pouches approximately 5-7 gallons in size.
We'll see how that all goes...
2012 was a great learning experience, can't wait to see what 2013 throws at me...

Thanks for stopping by!

Until the next update.....

Sorry to hear about your reduced grow space, but I'm sure you'll make the most of what you've got. Looking forward to following along!

Will follow your glog. I have a buddy in Colorado that wants to grow in their area.... Your kids look like teenagers compared to mine. Good luck.

I got 3 airpots thanks to your glog

Nice start, CR. Hydro growing sure looks like a good way to go.

Dang those are some healthy looking plants...all kinds of different shape and size leaves............nice !

Plants are looking really awesome. Great start for '13!!
Thanks for stopping by!

I love the shot of the two leaf seedling sticking out of the big contraption. Nice looking pics!
Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your reduced grow space, but I'm sure you'll make the most of what you've got. Looking forward to following along!
Thanks! I'll make the best of it..

Looking great! Do you use the hydroponic nutes in soil? I've been using the Bio Weed on and off, but haven't tried the others.
Thanks for stopping by Doc!
Yes I use the hydro nutes in my medium. I use PromixBx which is peat based growing medium. Therefore no nutrient value except what I put in.
G.O. is designed to be used in either hydro or soil-less.

Great start and very nice pics! Best of luck in 13 :)
Thanks for checking out my Glog!

Nice way to start the new year!! Best of luck things are looking good!
Thanks!

Looking great so far. Congrats on a good start
Thanks!

looking good. I'm debating on giving my plants away. Not all of them just a few. Tried of messing with them.
Thanks! It appears 64 has started a new hobby for ya. Grow both! Just fewer.

those closet kids look mighty fine. good luck this year.
Thank you!

Do you use the GO nutes in your bubbler? And if so, do you get the excessive foaming I got in mine?
Thanks for stopping by Scratch! No I don't use the nutes in the bubbler. Just tap water. I tried in the past and the organics seem to settle to the bottom and create a nasty film in the container. Scored some free soul synthetics nutes on my last growshop run... Thinking of trying them out in a drip system...

Will follow your glog. I have a buddy in Colorado that wants to grow in their area.... Your kids look like teenagers compared to mine. Good luck.
I got 3 airpots thanks to your glog
Thanks for stopping by KingD! I think you'll have great success with the airpots. Good luck on your grow this year.

Nice start, CR. Hydro growing sure looks like a good way to go.
Thanks for the follow Paul!
The bubbler is only temporary for root growth. However I am contemplating doing a homemade drip hydro system here in the near future. I'll post it once it's up and running.

Dang those are some healthy looking plants...all kinds of different shape and size leaves............nice !
Thanks Pic1!

Very nice start!

Thanks Jamison!

Welcome to another edition of RoninGarden,

After crushing the reply feature yesterday...
I decided to move a few plants around in the closet to get a better use of the light.

Outside looking in:
IMG_9066_zps07947b1a.jpg

View from above left:
IMG_9068_zpscc28939c.jpg

View from above right:
IMG_9071_zps04a34a6e.jpg

Today was the day of birth for sprouts #16 & #17.
5FFA30B6-7639-4F14-9AEE-8E934B244249-2541-000002D35184A551.jpg

They'll be moving under the light for a few days then into the bubble root booster for a short bit.

Here is a view of sprout #14 that resides in the bubbler.
IMG_9075_zpsc51dc8c4.jpg

I cut out the sides of the plug holder to allow the roots to breath once they grow beyond the plug.
Ghetto netpot for rapid rooters...
I like to get the roots hanging out of the plugs prior to transplanting them into airpots.
The stronger I can get them before the upgrade in housing the easier the move is on them.

I'll end this update with a highlight of pepper #2. Thanks again Jedisushi06 for the seed!
Top view:
IMG_9086_zpsf49dce70.jpg

Side view:
IMG_9078_zps86331567.jpg

This is the average size for most of my new 2013 crew #'s 1-12.

Thanks again to all who've stopped by!

Until the next update....

Back