• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Right on Jamie! Good luck in 2013
The pods here during the winter are funky looking too. They're all covered in snow and ice ;)
Best of luck to ya bro and look forward to following your grow
Ryan

cool,cool. i wish i was only fighting a tequila hangover. good luck this year and cant wait to see all them pics.

First off Happy New Year back at ya! Hope you have a great grow in 13 and looking forward to watchin and reading along :)
importD35.gif
importD35.gif
importD35.gif
importD35.gif

Secondly, can you explain what you mean by your statement below? I'm asking cause this winter compared to the last 3++ I've noticed that some pods get huge, while others stay small and my yields are not as high as previous years ...
... Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

Best of luck this coming season romy, the start and the first baby hooks is one of the best parts of the season. bring on the pics.

Jamie, Good luck with this years grow !

I like how you phrased it about being an outdoor grower from start/finish.
The Florida Sun will do that to a person.......ha

By the way I have a bunch of questions about your 2011 indoor grow........... :doh:..............hah...........just kiddin............I'm also trying to avoid being redundent when I start up my grow info this year.

Hi Jamie
Glad to see you had a great New Year feed at home with the family and that you're still picking pods. It's definitely nice to do that through the winter but I suspect you pay for it in other ways...
Are you planning on starting any new varieties this year or sticking with what you already have?

Thank you Bodeen. I look forward to your grow as well. My it be bigger and more better.

Idosimon, glad you enjoyed the peppers there will pleny more this year lord willing !!!

Trippa, always a pleasure having you stop bye. Thank you.

Ryan my man. You are lucky . Pods frozen for powder straight off the plant :rofl:

Jason, I hear ya . Tequilla and champaign would of had me super hung ;) Thank you and best of luck this year as well!!!

Ramon , Happy New Year to you. Reguarding my pods in the winter. Not all of my plants have smaller,rounder, and smoother pods( and not as hot ) ,but for the most part that is the case. I think it is the low humidity and colder temps.

Thank you Rodney :dance: Happy New Year back at ya :dance: . Are you gonna start a grow log this year?

Stefan W, can't wait to see your grow pics as well :fireball:
BrownB, good luck to you as well.

Brian my friend. Nice to see you following. I am honored.

Conor. thank you for all that you have done for me. Hope your 2013 is full of good health and prosperous :dance:
Thanks Tyler. Good luck on your grow this year.

Sownseeds, There will be more pics than I know what to do with . Thank you

Brother John. Both yellow primos are alive. One is stunted but the other is just starting growing again,greening up, and the leaves are starting to flatten out. I will keep you posted!!! Fingers crossed. happy New year :onfire:
Greg my man, You always crack me up. I would love to help you with your indoor grow since you are not very good at it ;)

Ricky Ticky tack! Glad you made it home safe!! Yes growing year round has it's up and downs. I pan on keeping most of my plants( if mother nature allows) exccept may of the ingrounds will be composed. Need to make room for the spring maters, cukes, carrots, and broccoli. As for starting more peppers does a bear shiat in the woods. Next month I will start chinese and march my annums.

Okay I am tired now. Time for a nap :D . All the comments are very much appreciated. Thank you all :clap:

Jamie, here's to great grow's this year. I'll be following, you already knew that though. I'm hoping the only problems we have this are having the patience to let our little ones get big enough to start producing. I'm already ready for some fresh peppers.

Speaking of that I've got to get these 2 boxes of pods going for some good stuff to bottle.

Fresh homemade enchaladas, dont get much better than that but if she brings a load of tamales by, I better get a call dang it, I'll bring the beer!

Back