• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cayenne's Organic 2013 Glog

IMG_20130104_145055_zpsf376718a-1_zps6f7a66ec.jpg

Happy new year all!​
We made it, it wasn't the end of the world. No Zombie Apocalipse, No Revolution, just a typical year full of Politcal BS.​
Well now that I'm not prepping for the end of the world, its back to reality.​

I enrolled in into School to get my B.S. in IT Security, so I have a feeling I will have a little less time for updates and such.​
Reguardless, I plan on spening a lot of time in the garden this year.​
I had a blast last year out in the garden but I became quit the Organic Evanglist >.<​

Well This year I plan on putting my money where my mouth is to show those in doubt that organic gardening is easy, cheap, and very effective.​
So this year I will be following these rules as a chalenge, and to prove to my self and to others that this 5#!T WORKS!​

1. No STORE BOUGHT NPK based Ferts or Cal
  2. No Pestacide, even Neem or Pyritherin
  3. I'm going to try to keep the budget under 100$ for the entire year
My goal is to show the Results of a 100% Organic Garden.
I will be getting my nutrients the natral way. Compst, Mico, Castings, AACT, Frass, and City water.

I have a tiny yard, so I wont be starting 100+ seedlings like most people, I'll have to go for Quality not Quanity. I wintered most of my plants from last year
so there is no need to get crazy with seeds, however, I do have a few new varieties to change it up. Unfortuneatly I will have to cull out some plants to make room.

So here are the new ones so far.​
IMG_20130104_145155_zps11afc410-1_zps62952647.jpg
Some Morougahs, 7pBrown, Primos, Lanterns, and GIANT JALAPENOS​

And the green house​
IMG_20130104_145118_zps2f194dd5-1_zps6fe0eb18.jpg
i'll get better pics in a few.​

My new friend​
IMG_20130104_144940_zps92ce30be-1_zps699f7f93.jpg
And more to come​

Good to see ya back cayenne. Looking forward to the info. Your old vermi post was awesome detailed. Looking forward to more of the same.

looky whos back. looking forward to following your grow this year, i too am trying organic the cheap(sustainable) way. i have my bucket worm farm goin strong thanks to your info posted last season.

Cool &ldquo;new friend&rdquo; you have there, nice green house you got going and I love the approach of all natural. I&rsquo;ve been doing same myself for years &hellip; Great luck in 2013 and happy New Year back at ya &hellip; :)

Staying 100% organic is not an easy task, i will follow with interest!
Quality over quantity is always a good thing :)

Good luck

Datil

Thanks All!

I suppose I should put on the pooper scooper hat and go clean up the yard so I can start taking pictures.
Every time I go out side I get dive bombed by pissed off humming birds.

Its Spongey's Fault for turning me on to feeding them last year. Now they have a lookout tower where they sit and wait to ambush me.

I' get video for you guys when I get a chance.

Just found out my mother in law offered me about 200sq feet to grow on! That doubles my crop easy. Time to start some seeds. Looking in to starting booth at the local farmers market.

:lol: OK friend, what do you want to grow in all that extra space? :dance:
I have many 2012 seeds of a lot more varieties than I have room to grow in my buckets for 2013 . :banghead:
PM me with a list.

Back