• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Carolina Reaper X Moruga = Brainstrain?

new_zpsd7b3cfa7.jpg

So I took the pollen from my Carolina Reaper and crossed it with my Moruga and this freak of Nature that looks like a Brainstrain on steroids grew.

Was this the pod that resulted from the pollinated flower? There shouldn't be any noticeable difference until the next generation. That is wicked looking, though.

Should be what develops from the seeds of the cross pollinated pod will be the actual cross. The flower and the pod will show all the genetics from the mother plant.

The seeds will be the f1 hybrid. Morugas and brain strains have always been very similar in form, like the reaper and 7 pot primo.

you cannot have something just from pollen.. you have to take the seeds and plant it and grow the new plants to see the effect...

ok I wasnt sure how the cross breeding process worked fully as it is my first time trying to cross. But the mother plant was my Carolina Reaper. I will plant the seeds from the pods and grow them out and see how they turn out.

If the mother plant, the one that has the pepper on it, is a Reaper then that is a Reaper pepper. Congrats.

Sure looks like a TS Morouga or a TS Morouga Blend or a 7 Pot Brain Strain.

ok I wasnt sure how the cross breeding process worked fully as it is my first time trying to cross. But the mother plant was my Carolina Reaper. I will plant the seeds from the pods and grow them out and see how they turn out.

I'm confused now. Help me out here ronpaul or anyone.....

Originally you said you took pollen from your Reaper and crossed it with a Moruga.

Wouldn't that make your mother plant to be the Moruga ???

But now you say the mother plant is the Reaper..making that a Reaper plant.

So the pod and plant in your pic..is it of a Reaper plant or a Moruga plant ?

Either way, it still is a very nice looking pod.

Good Luck with your grow.

I'm confused now. Help me out here ronpaul or anyone.....

Originally you said you took pollen from your Reaper and crossed it with a Moruga.

Wouldn't that make your mother plant to be the Moruga ???

But now you say the mother plant is the Reaper..making that a Reaper plant.

So the pod and plant in your pic..is it of a Reaper plant or a Moruga plant ?

Either way, it still is a very nice looking pod.

Good Luck with your grow.

I think he's confused. He's called both of them the "mother" plant. What ever plant has the pod on it is the mother plant. So ronpaul87 which plant is that pod hanging on?

Sorry for the Confusion. The Mother Plant is the Moruga Scorp. I pollinated it with the Pollen from My Carolina Reaper Plant.

the Pod in the picture(Moruga red) was pollinated with the Carolina Reaper pollen. And the seeds from this will be grown out. :hell:

So that is not a reaper pod?

It is a moruga?

Any pods on your reaper?

You should edit your facebook posts as well, let everybody know the pod pictured is NOT a reaper.

I commented on there letting people know that it was not a while ago... :rolleyes:

So that is not a reaper pod? Moruga Pod that developed after I polinated it with my Carolina Reaper plants pollen

It is a moruga? Yes

Any pods on your reaper? Yes 1 Pod Ripening with tons of Flowers developing

You should edit your facebook posts as well, let everybody know the pod pictured is NOT a reaper....( I commented on there letting people know that it was not a while ago... :rolleyes:)

Back