• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Wanted: Superbowl recipes

Trying to heat up this years Superbowl ! Looking for your best Hot Recipes! Easy on the stomach folks and its got to go with beer. That's my only request. :)

Try this Chile dip my family makes every now and then.Take a can or two of some Whole roasted ortega green chilis in the canhttp://www.ortega.com/products/products_detail.php?id=13144 ,tear em up in strips or slice them. Put it in a pot on medium heat or better yet a crock pot.Chilis,juice and all,then add a can of tomato sauce.Season w/salt & pepper,can even throw in a little garlic salt or powder.Then melt in some sliced monterey jack or mozzarella cheese.That's it,serve warm w/tortilla chips!! You can add some Pato sauce
el-pato-yellow-tomato-sauce-7-oz-48__74767_zoom.jpg
or some powder for more heat,but this a great dip to go with some beer,no doubt!

Taco Dip

8 oz cream cheese (softened)
8 oz sour cream
1 packet taco seasoning
pepper powder to taste
mix them all together well, and spread about 1/2" thick on a platter
cover with a thin layer of salsa (like saucing a pizza)
layer of shredded cheese
layer of shredded lettuce
more shredded cheese
top with diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, jalapenos, and green onions
serve with tortilla chips

Awesome

meatballs, (mini-meatballs makes them an appetizer~~~ :lol: ) , wangs, poppers, musky's cheese dip (that's similar to the classic 7-layer bean dip, basically the same recipe but add a layer of refried beans)...

If you make all that, I'm coming to your house for SB Sunday!!! :woohoo:

For some fun, play Pure Evil Cookie Roulette.....
Make a batch of cookies or brownies, add Pure Evil to half the batch, bake and then put them all together on a plate. 1/2 hot, 1/2 not....watch the fun~~~ :cool:

Ok Salsalady, what time you coming? :dance: we have a freezer full of peppers and cookies ! still got some Pure evil left. brownies, have to make. let the Roulette begin. :onfire: actually, I like this . planning on trying it first with start of NHL this weekend. let you know how it goes. :P :hot:

(DANG! just cashed in all my airline miles! ) Oh Well.

Have fun with Roulette, let us know how it goes....

Check out post #285!! the greatest Superbowl recipe I have ever seen! Link!
I have had this burned into my memory since it was first posted!! :P

:cool:
Kevin

meatballs, (mini-meatballs makes them an appetizer~~~ :lol: ) , wangs, poppers, musky's cheese dip (that's similar to the classic 7-layer bean dip, basically the same recipe but add a layer of refried beans)...

If you make all that, I'm coming to your house for SB Sunday!!! :woohoo:

For some fun, play Pure Evil Cookie Roulette.....
Make a batch of cookies or brownies, add Pure Evil to half the batch, bake and then put them all together on a plate. 1/2 hot, 1/2 not....watch the fun~~~ :cool:

Um... count me out if you are making wangs.

Ok, this is one that frydad4 shared with me. A great bottle of Hot Sauce and your set for game day. Great part is you do it in a slow cooker and really simple.

Italian Beef

5-6 lb beef round roast (eye of round works too) Remove all visible fat/gristle
1 lg (10 oz or so) jar of pepperocini peppers. Juice and all (though sometimes I remove the stems and quarter them)
2 C water
3 beef boullion cubes
3 green peppers
1 lb hot italian sausage in casing
1 lb sweet italian sausage in casing (get these from the publix butcher, publix brand works great)

Poke holes in the sausages and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, then slice.

Throw everything together (roast, sausages, everything else) in a stock pot (or crock pot) and cook med to boil, then simmer 6-10 hours (crock pot on high).
Check periodically that it doesn't dry up.

Shred it all up.

Serve with warm crusty bread.

Enjoy,
RM

Back