• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

So im guessing you like bonnets. ;)
Im adding 4 different ones to my grow this season. Looking foward to them. What i grew last season was not the real deal, but tasty little pods.
I didn't even know you could get seeds from Jamaica's agriculture ministry. Thats crazy!
Happy growing from north of ya!

Im also growing yellow 7 pot(windchicken), trinidad scorpion(windchicken) and a few SB7J(Patrick). The Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture generally developes high quality seeds exclusivly for Jamaican farmers and does not sell to the public. I just happen to know a few Doctors at Bodles Research station that have relatives down here. I will be more than happy to share some seeds. pm me.

Very nice crop and very cool seed connection ... I love dem Jamaican Peppers mon! I also live in Lauderdale, for all I know we bumped into each other one day and didn’t even know it, hehe. That said I also grown Jamaican peppers but didn’t think of asking my friend in the Agricultural department while living there :/ Great idea you came up with, hats off to you \o_. I got my seeds from a farmer in the parish of Portland that I use to surf with, close to Boston Bay and I first grew them there and now grow them here. If you’re interested in seeing, you can check my glog here. Regardless, I hope you have a killer growing season in 2013 :)

Your plants look nice. I look forward to seeing how the Scotch Bonnet-MoA compare to the other Scotch Bonnet varieties your growing.
Heres to a bumper crop of Scotch Bonnets mon. :cheers:

Looking good Steve! I will be watching your grow closely...

The MoA Bonnet seeds you sent me will receive the very best care I can give them. Once the juvenile plants are big enough to fend for themselves they are going into my primo deep beds...I'm confident they will live up the promise of the One True Bonnet!

Good luck with your 2013 Grow!

Gary

Looking awesome! Now I know where to go for some awesome SB seeds. I want to make some awesome homemade jerk and last 3 strains of my SB seeds have produced something else. Good luck in 2013

Steve, dem plants look real heathy! Is your red foodarama scotch bonnet juv’s the same pepper as what windchicken posted here? Based on your seed connection, I'd say yours should blow away most others we have in da states.

Steve, dem plants look real heathy! Is your red foodarama scotch bonnet juv’s the same pepper as what windchicken posted here? Based on your seed connection, I'd say yours should blow away most others we have in da states.

Thanks Ramon. The Foodarama Scotch Bonnet is a pod that Beth Boyd of Peppermania found at her local Foodarama store and grew out years ago. It is a fine strain of Bonnet. The Red sotch bonnet Foodarama was found by AlabamaJack when he grew out a bunch of Foodarama Scotch Bonnet plants, One plant gave Red Pods.

redscotchbonnetfoodarama_zpsaa8b01fc.jpg

Steve, my man, looking very nice down your way. Plants and pods healthy and thriving.

One of the SBMoA seeds finally popped last night. 19 days for that one.
I hope a couple more will follow suit!

Have a good week, my friend!

[sup]I will be transplanting to 3 gallon pots for the next few months before graduating to 5 and then 7 gal.[/sup]
004_zpsfaa81731.jpg

[sup]Trinidad Scorpions to the left, Yellow 7 Pots to the right[/sup]
005_zps3f1667ec.jpg

[sup]Everything was open germinated in the dead of the harsh south florida winter![/sup]

I met up with Ramon(WalkGood) today in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. He traded some seeds of his famous Jamaican Habs and a few other varieties for Scotch Bonnet-MoA seeds. He alson gave me a few Ja Hab pods
008_zps12db05cd.jpg

These pictures were taken from Ministry of Agriculture. Scotch Bonnet-MoA. Google: Technical guide growing scotch bonnet pt6 of 6
001_zpsf48d232f.jpg

002_zpsa2ae1a30.jpg

Back