• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I've lost my heat!

:? In the past few days I’ve been making sauce from habanero peppers. But the mash seems to have lost much of its heat. Sometimes I think it might just be that I’ve lost some of the sensation from my tongue? My wife won’t try any (she’s afraid). I heat them in vinegar until they’re tender then make a mash with a blender. Any ideas?
Dave

Dave said:
:? In the past few days I’ve been making sauce from habanero peppers. But the mash seems to have lost much of its heat. Sometimes I think it might just be that I’ve lost some of the sensation from my tongue? My wife won’t try any (she’s afraid). I heat them in vinegar until they’re tender then make a mash with a blender. Any ideas?
Dave
Dave try soaking a few dried whole chipotle & cayenne pepper and instead of the blender try the food proceser.another thing u can try is simmer ur peppers in vinegar for a few mins an add a lil vinegar in ur mesh.that should help get ur fire back.Good Luck Chef Rick

chefrick said:
Dave said:
Dave
Dave try soaking a few dried whole chipotle & cayenne pepper and instead of the blender try the food proceser.another thing u can try is simmer ur peppers in vinegar for a few mins an add a lil vinegar in ur mesh.that should help get ur fire back.Good Luck Chef Rick

Pardon my cooking ignorance, since the Peppermaster is out at a show and not here to ask... but, just what exactly is the difference between using the food processor and the blender???

T

Tina Brooks said:
So far, I can't see anything affecting the degree of heat.

Tongue burnout... That's it.

T

A spoonful of endorphin rush or daves insanity and habs on their own tast like sugar plums lol...step away from the fire...

Hephaestos said:
Tina Brooks said:

T

A spoonful of endorphin rush or daves insanity and habs on their own tast like sugar plums lol...step away from the fire...
Are you saying that if someones tolerance is at the daves insanity level..that they are sugar plum fairies??

Cap'n Bones said:
Hephaestos said:
Tina Brooks said:

T

Are you saying that if someones tolerance is at the daves insanity level..that they are sugar plum fairies??

LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not in the least...Daves brings more than a tear to my eye!

ever heard the expression "....through the eye of a needle"?

I personally prefer Dave's hurtin' habanero. It tastes better.

And I wouldn't call anyone who can take anything hotter than Hurricane Mash a "sugar plum fairy"!

Tina Brooks said:
I personally prefer Dave's hurtin' habanero. It tastes better.

And I wouldn't call anyone who can take anything hotter than Hurricane Mash a "sugar plum fairy"!

Ok...I think my point is lost...and it couldn't find it's way home with a GPS!

The hole in my tongue is testimony to the fact that I have enough respect for you to taste your poison.

There I tasted it... I still don't like to eat extracts. You read my blog.

T

No, glorious testimony is when I stand in front of a customer and tell them that the only extracts that I would eat, if I were going to eat an extract would be either yours or Muso2112's.

T

Back