• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown!

Is anyone interested in having a grow off? The community glog for the hp22b has inspired me. Why not have a friendly competition? Could be fun.

I was thinking about this last week. The last one was a flourescent light challenge. One member supplied the seeds to all contestants.

If we are picking our own variety 7 foot isn't going to win a height contest. I suggest one seed source whichever direction you go with this scratchzilla.

Already existing plants wouldn't count. We would all have to start seeds together, to keep things fair.
I ripped those from the ground, my point was they grow that big and that was with it growing from the ground unplanned. I live in a cold place and only OW some of my top plants.

If we are picking our own variety 7 foot isn't going to win a height contest. I suggest one seed source whichever direction you go with this scratchzilla.
Almost all my plants were 5+, name the challenge and as Michael Buffer says...Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

5 gallon bucket challenge? Biggest plant wins, all growing the same seeds, everyone having to use miracle grow soil. Any ferts. ?

I am not using miracle grow soil. Ever.

Wherever we do, it should be flexible enough indoor and outdoor growers, as well as soil and hydro growers alike can participate. That's why I like the idea of largest pod or a race to ripe pods would be fun. Biggest plant would be hard for me because I have very limited space until June when I can plant out.

Which brings up a thought, what is our time frame? It can take a few months to produce ripe pods

In my perfect world, it would be like this.
Largest Poblano wins. Any seeds planted between Jan 1 and Feb 28 are eligible to enter, with harvest deadline being August 15. Plants can be grown in any medium, and under any light the grower chooses.

Using the same seed source is a great idea, but hard to choreograph. That's why I suggest using a generic variety like poblano.

Your thoughts?

If ppl don't mind sharing there address with me or whoever supplying the seeds we can get someone to supply everyone with the same seed. I have seeds saved from orange habs that are shaped like bell peppers, ones that are shaped like scorpions, hatch seeds, ghost seeds, an unknown wild from guatamala?el salvador? and douglahs

If it's a race to a goal then there should be no restrictions on soil and ferts. The point, I would think, would be who is the best grower and that would mean who can work with whatever he has the best, be it MG or some home soil brew. Unfortunataly unless it's already in my current inventory, I'm out of this one as my buckets are all full this year.

Well now that we have some ideas, what is everyones favorite? As soon as we figure out a goal, we can settle on variety, and rules.

Back