• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Last Season Burpee Habs

Just a reminder, as my season got ruined last year, beware of Burpee Habs! Mine and a few others grew up to be Hungarian Wax or something.
Been fermenting those since October, so we'll see how it turns out soon.

I'm growing a few of those red and yellow mixed pack. Right now I have one budding up real good. I has about 15 or so buds and its around 5-6 inches tall. What specific pack did you get?

IMG_20121220_204617.jpg

IMG_20130105_063638.jpg

The one on the right side.

They were just regular Habaneros. The picture on the package were orange habs, the package labeled Picked for 2012 Sell by 11/12 Origin Holland Lot 7, although some were Lot 6. Different pack than yours.

Dutch people should stop smoking weed when working..... LOL. I know it sucks when you're anxious and when you get a pod you're like WTF? Anyway I still have a lot of seeds from this same pack and I've been getting like 95%+ germ rate, lmk if you want some. At least you'll know this pack is correct and are habanero seeds.

,Vegas

A shame to buy pepper seed, spend time and money growing the pepper then end up with something "not as advertised".

But it happens, you and everybody else that this happens to should demand a refund. Only fair.

I had one of twelve Canary Bell peppers pop on me last year (replanted 6) and called the vendor and they gave me a credit towards this years purchase. Burpee is too high priced to me too.

They were very accomodating when I sent them a polite e-mail. They sent me some red caribbean hab seeds and a little packet of Garden tone fertilizer. We'll see how the carribeans turn out.

You should enjoy the Caribbean Reds if you were originally seeking The Orange Habs. I've ordered from Burpee through the years...mainly Tomatoes and other vege.

Fermenting Hungarian Wax...Post a photo, I'm curious to see how that ones looking.
Did you let the peppers ripen orange/red before harvesting ?

I let everything go as red as it could before the last harvest. Looked very tomato-ey. Mixed the few jals I got to grow, and some kung Pao hybrids, along with some chopped pineapple and it's sitting in my closet out of the light. The only spot that got decently warm. I'll try to get some pics this weekend. Should be a very red sauce with just a hint of green in it. Might be about time to think about finishing that sauce anyway...

I have always heard good things about Burpee. My dad gets quite a few of his seeds from them. He said that their customer service is excellent, and that they are usually quick to make things right. I haven't personally ordered from them, but I trust his judgement. [Perhaps I am a little biased though :) ] Let us know how the Caribbean Reds turn out!

Somehow a "free" pack of seeds dosn't seem equal to a season's growing time/effort.

What more can I expect? They responded quickly, People make mistakes, It's how they deal with those mistakes that concern me and short of traveling back in time and giving me correct seeds, free seeds are good enough for me. It's just plants.

Back