• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

*SNIFF SNIFF* SWMBO LIKES HABS..

If you knew her you would be shocked, but my sweet wife has put dried hab powder in 3 dishes in the last week.

Clam Linguine
"MESS" (an awesome breakfast dish)
Chorizo spaghetti

I am thrilled.:shocked:

Indeed. This will make life a lot easier.

Come to think of it, my oldest daughter ate some of our spicy cocktail sauce on some shrimp. She may yet have hope.

congrats & yes that'd make life, well making meals simpler :cool:
but it may have its drawbacks, all your favorite hot sauces might end up empty :shocked: & not from you :lol:

W00H00!! Converting other household members into the hot stuff is a true blessing!!!

I've been trying for years to get my wife to try even the minimal amount of spice but it's a no go :(

It may help me win space in the garden too!! Thanks for the congrats, but I think it was the third preganancy that did it. Wierd huh?

My wife tasted BBs concentrate last night and BillyBoy...if she ever gets her hands on you my friend, I am afraid you are all used up...

Was the funniest thing...I warned her by telling her this was the hottest pepper in the world and told her it would make her cry, nose run, head wet with sweat but she wanted to try a little...nope, no toothpick dab but a dab about the size of grain of rice...I just stood there shaking my head...she said the taste was wonderful...that was before she went to the sink about 30 seconds later, turned on the cold water and stuck her tongue in the stream...wish I had taken photos...she cussed me like a dog, then asked who made this s*** and started cussing BB....BB, I didn't know your parents weren't married....roflmao

She was giggling about it this morning...

Yeahm that is funny AJ.

mudatvs said:
:clap: Now I'm jealous. Please share how you converted her. I could use the help

Really, it happened when I replaced the crushed red we keep in a jar with crushed habs.

She would put a little crushed red on pizza and other odd things here and there over the years, but it wasn't until this last pregnancy that she started to crave spicy more and more.

Not to be crude, but part of me thinks it has to do with how much more hot stuff I was eating when we concieved. Lol, maybe I gave her a little shot of hot sauce.

By that token, our son (just turned 3 months) should be a real firebreather!:hell:

I don't think I will ever turn my wife in the right direction. She thinks Pablanos are HOT...LOL... On the other hand, my 2 year old daughter likes my chile when I make it. My wife just watches in horror whenever our daughter wants to eat it (just a couple of spoonfulls, but she does keep coming back for more). So there is hope yet...:lol:

I can't convert anyone. Some of my family had a jar of Tesco Mild salsa last week and said their mouths were burning. Half a teaspoon of chilli powder in a chilli is very hot for my Mum. Some people just don't enjoy spicy food. I'm the odd one out in my family.

My wife actually went as far as to say she thinks she is allergic to peppers. I too have resolved with the fact that I'm just an odd ball in my family. My 2 year old will prob follow in her mother's shoes when she is old enough to know better, but we'll see...

Paul

My 3 year old daughter eats salsa with a chip....1 chip. She eats with it like a spoon lol. I have to make her eat it and get a new one when it is all soggy and faslling apart.

It is just the mild salsa at the mexican restaraunt, not my homemade Orange Hab pleasant death salsa, but there is definitely hope for her.

Back