• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

craziest peppers!!

I am looking for your guys pick for the hottest meanest and craziest pepper(s) you guys have ever grown seen or tasted. Flavor is not the topic here but if you would like to include your personal take on the flavor of the pepper(s) that is acceptable. I have a couple picks for the meanest peppers I like the look of the infinity pepper heat is pretty substantial too and my other pick I have not grown nor tasted but I have seen a couple reviews and pics of it and it looks real beastly silver surfers sepia serpent

I've not seen the Silver Surfer's sepia serpent, but I believe that I read about it in one of his post and ya its supposed to be pretty mean, I will be growing the infinity pepper this year also. The Primo pepper and the Brain Strain are others I will be growing for the first time, I got some Hot powder of the Brain Strain and some of powder of the Barrackapore and Trinidad Scorpion Morauga blend in a mix those two are very hot and rated right up there the Brain Strain is crazy hot.
There are others that are quite possibly even hotter I'm sure other will pipe in on what they like I can't say to much about the flavor as my taste buds are pretty well shot, but i can tell you that the ones I mentioned will definitely get your heart beating and your colon very active.

I am very interested in growing the primo, barrackpore, and brain strain as I have heard those have quite a reputation for being mean and are great producers. great choices for growing.

7 pot Jonahs are crazy. The ones I grew were hotter than my primos and Barrackpores. I think the hottest I had was the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T.

You are right about the Sepia Serpent. I was lucky enough to score some pods last year from Silver_Surfer. Easily the hottest pepper I personally have ever tried, and I've tried a lot of the superhots.

It sure looks wicked. great color too!! Wish I could get my hands on a pepper like that he posted a picture a while back and when I was looking through his glog I saw a picture and instantly fell in love with it

Douglah

SDC11905.jpg

SDC11909.jpg

Douglah from what I have seen produces a lot of creepy looking pods like the pic mill provided and looks like silver surfer has a pot of gold with that sepia serpent of his. Nice picture by the way millworkman

+1 on Douglah.
Primo, Barrackpore, Brain Strain are good choices too.
I am taking a pass on Butch T this year, as the taste is too nasty for me.
Carolina Reaper and Naga Viper are on my list also for supers, as well as almost all the 7pot varieties.

I can't get myself to pay into a reaper until I have seen one person get a consistent group of pods. I have been moderately watching the hp22b glog and I have only seen mutations and stuff that is definitely not a reaper by the way hope you guys have a good grow and gotrox good luck on the reaps

As far as heat, gnarlyness and different apperence, the bhut jolokia fits the bill. Bhuts can be real "spikey," bumpy and rigid.

Back