• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Alright guys and gals, here it is, the official thread for the Prik Kee Noo Suan growdown.The rules go a little like this:Largest harvest off of one Prik Kee Noo Suan plant after 150 days wins.Any light source is eligible, CFL, HID, or good old fashioned sunlight.Soil and Hydro are both eligible as well. (The goal here is to show off what you're good at)Seeds will be provided by theghostpepperstore, so PM him with your mailing address. He will provide roughly 10 seed per participant. Huge thanks for the generosity! While you may grow out as many plants as you wish, only one my be used in this competition. This plant must be chosen before flowering begins.Deadline to enter is February 5th, so you all have time to enter.We will be sowing our seeds on February 15th, giving us a harvest date of July 15th.Participants should post weekly updates in this thread to keep everyone else informed of eachother's progress. Since this will be a picture heavy thread, please try to resize photos accordingly.The following is a list of folks who have signed on so far in the other thread. If you find I have missed you, let me know, so I can add you to the list.theghostpepperstoreScratchzillaSanardamuskymojoJeff HStupid JerkJoyners Hot PepperspshngoPepperheadlock203Island_DanJDFanserranoToxicRVAmillworkmanMR_POTSDocNrockSeanWFaduniakRoper2008JamisonSudostahpTheShadowOfXkiddcPlease use this thread for discussion and trash talk specific to this Growdown. This way we can continue discussing ideas for future growdowns in the other thread. I'd like to see us have growing competitions on a regular basis. Why should the cooks have all the fun?Well, there you have it folks! Now lets get growing! Good luck everyone who is participating, you're going to need it.
scratchzilla said:
Speaking of prizes, I have some exciting news to announce.I've managed to secure some great goodies for our top growers. If bragging rights wasn't enough, wait till you get a load of this.1st Place:The grower with the largest number of peppers after 150 days will receive;Pepper Joe's Gourmet Hot Sauce 5 PackLucky Dog Hot Sauce Trio Of Fire Roasted Hot Sauce2nd Place:The grower with the next largest number of peppers after 150 days will receive;Pepper Joe's Exotic Hot Sauce 5 PackLucky Dog Hot Sauce 2 PackHonorable Mention:The grower to produce the largest plant by height will receive;A bottle of Lucky Dog's Hot Sauce3 Packs of Chili Powder from Joyner's PeppersHuge thanks to LDHS, Pepper Joe, and Joyner's Hot Peppers for generously donating these items! Everyone be sure to visit their websites to see photos for what's up for grabs. And be sure to pick up some seeds, sauces and powders while you're there.That being said, I will be dropping out of the official competition. I'll grow a "competition" plant alongside theghostpepperstore, but I will be disqualifying myself from eligibility for awards. Good luck guys, and happy growing!

This should be an awesome grow! I want to thank everyone for participating. Please send over your addresses ASAP.

Let the smack talk officially begin... Oh, and no whining! No one cares if your feeling get hurt in the process!

We still have at least 80 entries left, so just send me a PM with name and address.

Hey Scratch, I am going to hold off on entering. When we do a largest plant I will get into that one. Thanks for starting this up again,there have been a few of these in the past. It would be cool to see some mano y mano contests too. Synthetic vs. organic...hydro vs. soil, as you said before,the possibilities are endless and educational also. Good luck everyone and HAVE FUN!

Thanks for letting me know P-son, I'll edit you from the list.

I agree about having more growdowns. I'm hoping that if we can generate enough buzz, maybe bossman will give us a growdown sub forum, so we can have competition whenever we want.

Mano y Mano sounds fun. I'd like to do a DWC vs. Soil with somebody sometime.

Pm with Address sent - Have a feeling this could get pretty interesting over the next few months !

One question -- Will someone be posting a POL amount like the throwdowns - so we all take a photo of the sealed seed pack and POL that morning or do we just start them on the 15th ?

Back