• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

For Texas Blues....

Some 'prime top'

The Rev. Willie G wailing on "Pearly Gates" no less. This is the era back when I first saw 'em. Damn they took no prisoners back then...:onfire:

AlabamaJack said:
Chuk...are you familiar with John Nitzinger ?

Here's what wikipedia says:

"John Nitzinger is a Fort Worth, Texas guitarist and song writer. In the very early 1970s Nitzinger penned five songs for the Fort Worth band Bloodrock. [1] When Bloodrock 2 went gold, Nitzinger signed a contract with Capitol Records and his first album, the self titled Nitzinger, was released in 1971. In 1980, Nitzinger formed the band PM with Carl Palmer, formerly of Emerson, Lake and Palmer and others, which released a single album, One P.M., on Ariola records.[2] In 1981, he joined Alice Cooper on the Special Forces tour."

Nope, I was not familiar with him. Friend of yours? I do remember that song DOA by Bloodrock. My cousins were into that when I was a wee tyke.

Yes sir, he is an acquantance of mine..met him about 6 years ago...when our organization held a benefit concert for him....he has had some serious medical problems over the past 5 or 6 years...throat cancer that had migrated to his jaw bone...has had surgery and was recovering nicely but has had several bouts with different medical problems...what is funny is I went to see Bloodrock in Mobile back in 73 and they rocked the house. He still plays every so often around Fort Worth and let me tell you, they rock. The band he played with when I first saw him here in Fort Worth when I met him was like ZZ Top...drums, bass, and guitar.....Johnny can play the kaka out of that les paul...if you ever get a chance to see him, it would be worth the effort I promise...

My favorite song Bloodrock ever did was "Jessica"...

Thanks Chuk. Billy spanks the plank like nobody's 'bidness! I can't believe that Gibson hasn't come out with a Pearly Gates LP..they have a Billy Joe Armstrong Jr. 'thang, a Kiefer Sutherland ES-POS and several Jimmy Page (6 grand starting) models ..but not one Rev. BG model. Billy is revered by pros across the board. Dig it...Billy's mom was a secretary for LBJ, dude was quoted by Jimi on Dick Cavett as "one of the best guitar players out there", and married to a hot chick named Gilligan. Billy has been referred to also as Bo Diddley's bastard chile' from his 1952 World tour of Mars. In the Thesaraus next to the phrase "Texas badass blues and rock" is Billy Gibbons pic.
Cheers, TB.

I am not a Nascar fan but my gal is and she turned my attention to ZZ Top today during the Fox Nascar coverage. Billy and the boys are still bad and nationwide. Billy makes it look all so effortless. Just can't buy that kind of tone. ZZ Top..the kings of Texas cool!!
Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
I am not a Nascar fan but my gal is and she turned my attention to ZZ Top today during the Fox Nascar coverage. Billy and the boys are still bad and nationwide. Billy makes it look all so effortless. Just can't buy that kind of tone. ZZ Top..the kings of Texas cool!!
Cheers, TB.

Dang. Sorry I missed that. Hopefully it'll pop up on youtube.

Here's a couple for you Chuk. The Rev in all his badassnessess!
gibbonsv.jpg
[/IMG]
gibbb.jpg
[/IMG]

Got it as well Chuk. Truly the king of Texas cool. Not to change the subject though..I imagine you are starting your Que season?
Ya' know, the Rev is all about the hot sauce and que as well...
Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
... Not to change the subject though..I imagine you are starting your Que season?

Cheers, TB.

Hell, We don't really have a Que seeason 'round here....it's pretty much year 'round!

179076721_9f63ce6514.jpg

Chuk..love the 92F shirt! You are officially a badass!!
BTW..Que all year long in Texas is for certain..but..did you know that grillin' is all year round in Alaska? That is for true and hardcore I 'speck.
Cheers, TB.

p.s. salmon in the smoker, IGG's pequins in the pot, I gotta' hankerin' for some brisket...what's your rub bub? I ask because I have always been a rib guy but have always dug brisket but never tried.

Back