• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown,,Tallest plant!!!

This will be for the tallest plant! :dance:
No rules!!!! Any medium any ferts ! :party:

Seeds will be given to anyone who is up to the challenge.10 seeds. You can grow as many plants as you like.
Post here first,that you are participating, then PM kevin ( wayright) . He is disqualified from the competition due his ability to grow 20 foot monsters :rofl:

Birgits Locoto will be the pepper grown. A tasty C Baccatum,with a nice heat level!

Pics are expected every two or three weeks with proof of life. ( a monetary cash value we will make up every 2 or 3 weeks)
Contest will run until Halloween 2013,but a pic from any point this season can be used as your final entry.

The winner not only gets the notoriety, of being the Tallest plant grower!
Some prizes will be offered also!
Participants are encouraged to add to the prize pool ??something small???! Powder , Sauce ,Seed,,,Pods from your losing plant !! :cool:

Once everyone has entered the competiion and has given feedback on the rules I will make the final regulations if any. John ( Prodigal_son) has already stated he would give the winner 3 bottles of Brian's ( Kneppers Peppers) amazing sauces and 10 packs of seed. I will give an oz of my special powder blend. Providing I am not the winner then I will give it to myself.

There is a two week time limit to enter competition. Feel free to pm me or Kevin if you have any questions or even better just post them on this thread! Don't enter if you ain't gonna play. We wil know where you live :shh: Contest is limited to US residents only .

Let's get this growdown throwdown on peeps!!! Have until February 16th to enter. Unless the groundhog see's his shadow ;)

Im in, but I have seeds from Kevin from years past so I dont need any. Last year this plant grew over 17 feet for me. It didnt grow UP per se but it got that, um, long? Ha ha. I guess I will string it up and stake it this year. Wahoo!!

Are we waiting to start on the 16th or can we go ahead now?

I've grown a few large plants, but my season starts a bit later than Florida and South and Mid Texas ;) So I will give it some thinking first as my Space will be used mainly by 7 pods and T.S. Will stick my nose back in a few day just to see who might be in this. Will the plant win if its not in full bloom and full of pods? ;)
GW

Good luck everyone! I do most of my growing indoor and do not have room for a tall plant competition. But I will keep watch on this!

I am growing Birgit's Locoto this year, and already have one sprouted, but if I have to use the seed provided in the challenge, I guess I'm out of the race. For us northerners you would have had to start this competition 4 - 6 weeks ago ... unless we are using an annuum.

There's no way I would have won anyway.

So I will just enjoy watching all you long season growers talk smack all season. ;)

Im in, but I have seeds from Kevin from years past so I dont need any. Last year this plant grew over 17 feet for me. It didnt grow UP per se but it got that, um, long? Ha ha. I guess I will string it up and stake it this year. Wahoo!!

Are we waiting to start on the 16th or can we go ahead now?

I will join too, I'll just use some seeds I have from my Ol' friend 'Jack'.............

8439165876_32f1e7a368_z.jpg

I am growing Birgit's Locoto this year, and already have one sprouted, but if I have to use the seed provided in the challenge, I guess I'm out of the race. For us northerners you would have had to start this competition 4 - 6 weeks ago ... unless we are using an annuum.

There's no way I would have won anyway.

So I will just enjoy watching all you long season growers talk smack all season. ;)
Yeah...the northerners will have a tough go of this one...heck even when I lived in Virginia (which is far from northern) we had over a foot of snow the first week of November one year 1987??? The outdoor grow contests really benefit the southern growers with those few extra months of warm weather. Socal can't even compare to the folks in southern FL and TX for weather. Heck when I lived in south TX I was already planting out by now. I have a plan though....so we shall see???

Back