• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Super Bowl Touchdown Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Happy Super Bowl Weekend! It's the TD TD!

This one is simple. FINGER FOOD!

What is finger food? You have to be able to pick it up with closed fingertips and finish it in three or less bites. This can include foods that are dipped (mini egg rolls and spicy dipping sauce), and foods that have been sectioned into pieces to meet the criteria (pizza bites).

One entry per person WHICH MEANS you can enter a plate of finger food, but not an assortment of different items, however, the flavors of your main entry can vary. Different dipping sauces, different flavor wings, etc. This is about what you think is the perfect finger food for the Super Bowl, think of one, and then you can use whatever flavors you like.

NOTE: No prepared foods. You know what these are; frozen buffalo wings, pre-made egg rolls, etc. So if the dip (salsa, etc.) is the homemade portion of your entry, the dipping component, if store bought, must be a simple component like tortilla chips, etc. And homemade is always better so consider making both components.

Drunk game pics encouraged! Entry post time extended until Monday.

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry

PoL: $0.47 for SB XLVII (Round to .50 if your currency does not allow)

Ends Monday 7 PM EST.

BEGIN!

ill start this off. screw the super bowl,its super me!

IMAG0597_zps7421e002.jpg

you got to look at the left behind he cheese so you can see the ranch dressing its in the picture. let me know if i need to take another one?

Haha Sic.... I need new glasses bad! I was going to tell you, your cheese was expired but it says jun I thought it said jan........... I gotta get to the eye doctor. :doh:

That "fancy" cheese expires on my birthday. I expect you to save some of that and make me some fancy Queso.

Save Queso!

All looks good with your picture Sic, but where the fingers at?

Daeum Sic! That's brilliant. Them things look delishous.

Lotsa cheesenext and your Jap powder... FTW!!!

sicman's super sausage bowls

1 pound of maple sausage
2 cups of monterey jack cheese
small can of sliced black olives
8-10 oz ranch dressing
1 table spoon of jalapeno powder
1 tea spoon of smoked bhut jolokia powder
4 dozen wonton wrappers

cook sausage and mix all ingredients minus the wrappers
place wonton wrappers in mini muffin pans
spoon the mix into the wrappers and bake at 350 for 15 minutes
let sit for a hour for best taste and top with a few drops of your favorite hot sauce

IMAG0604_zpsb53e899d.jpg

IMAG0606_zpsb53549b7.jpg

WooooooooooHoooooooooooooo ingredients all sorted ready to cook.

hmmmm....... this could start a little trend sic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back