Greetings from Manila

I've always been a spicy food lover and I've only tried growing my own pepper this year. I'm very new to growing and I see that there's a ton of info in here that's really very useful. It would take a while to read through everything but the info here is with no doubt as priceless as the people who took the time and effor to share them.

Again, Thank you and hopefully I get to meet you guys in the future when I visit the US and meet anyone who lives here in the Philippines. Cheers!

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :welcome: [/background]to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina of North Carolina!
"The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

I work with many people from the Philippines - they frequently do pot-luck style lunches where everyone brings something, so I've had a great opportunity to sample many of the foods. Most are big fans of hot sauce, though the food itself isn't spicy. Lumpia and Pan Set and Adobo - mmmmmmmm

:welcome: from California!

I work with many people from the Philippines - they frequently do pot-luck style lunches where everyone brings something, so I've had a great opportunity to sample many of the foods. Most are big fans of hot sauce, though the food itself isn't spicy. Lumpia and Pan Set and Adobo - mmmmmmmm

:welcome: from California!

Most Filipinos don't really fancy spicy food but rather spicy condiments and sauces. But then again, depending on where they grew up or how some dishes are cooked, it could differ greatly (I myself like spicy hot spaghetti). One example is in the province of Bicol which they serve a spicy dish called Bicol Express. It has pork that's sauteed in garlic, onions and pepper with coconut milk. They use a strain of Bhuts which I have yet to see myself (since I live far from the province). The dish is named after the train station from which it originated from and one of the urban legends say that both tourist and locals who tried this dish sounded like a train.... hooo-hooo!

Back