• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fruit Flies

Grrr!!!!
I've got a herd of these things annoying the ..... outta me & my plants, garlic included.

I tried "Garden Safe" Brand Fungicide 3-in-1. Fungicide, Insecticide, & Miticide... but if I put any more of this stuff on I swear the plants will start oozzing it.
Active Ingredient: Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil 0.9%

Any good home remedies or something stronger?

Thanks in advance

take a jar with some sugar water and put saran wrap over it, then poke a few holes in the saran wrap with a toothpick. put that by the plants and watch it fill up with fruit flies. you'd think they'd figure out they can leave the same way they came in but they never do.

i've also heard of using apple cider vinegar, wine, or beer in place of the sugar water but i find they die good enough with the sugar water...

I've got tons of old baby food jars... sugar, vinegar, wine.
No beer or napalm though. lol
I could try cork too. I think one of the home stores has some cheap.
Thanks

Poisonette said:
I've got tons of old baby food jars... sugar, vinegar, wine.
No beer or napalm though. lol
I think you can make it out of gasoline and styofoam......I'll have to look up that recipe I have...hehehe

imaguitargod said:
I think you can make it out of gasoline and styofoam......I'll have to look up that recipe I have...hehehe

LOL yes this mix make something hotter than any pepper LOL I have ever try !!!:fire: ...it will kill all your fly and probably any kind of live around ...

They're ignoring the sugar water, vinegar, wine, honey, molassas, corn syrup, everything. Though I didn't try the nepalm yet. lol

The only trap that works so far is a small container of plain tap water I have to raise the humidity 2%. They must think it's a swimming pool.
Unfortunatly, not enough of them get trapped in it to subdue the population.
So I went back to the incecticide and I'm trying to kill them in their sleep. I'll see if that works.

umm... i might have forgotten to tell you to add a drop of dish soap to the sugar water to break the surface tension... sorry 'bout that... try it again, if it doesn't work i'm thinkin' you have mutant fruit flies that are immune to my tricks...

Back