• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Oski Grow Log 2013

Ok so i planted some Tepins Bhuts and some mystery peppers (believed to be thais) on Tuesday January 29. One week to the day i came home to find three little guys were waiting for their papa yay im so excited.
DUsJMet.jpg

left two rows are tepins, middle two rows are bhuts and right two are mystery peppers. very likely thai peppers.

Just using MG seed starter soil and a heat mat with a min green house. Guess ill be getting a light set up tomorrow. woo hoo im so proud of my little boys.

So I came here expecting a cohiba, pm sent lol! Congrats on your new start and hope you have a great season with many pods :)

All dead a day later :( Made a rookie mistake of over watering and excessive heat. Not giving up yet. Now trying the napkin germination and experimenting with cheap pepper seeds before trying again with my bought seeds. So far i have a nice looking napkin full of seeds that are coming along nicely. I even planted one of them wednesday and it sprouted up this morning. yay. I guess if it makes it thru the week i will try again with the Bhuts and Tepins. fingers crossed

All dead a day later :( Made a rookie mistake of over watering and excessive heat. Not giving up yet. Now trying the napkin germination and experimenting with cheap pepper seeds before trying again with my bought seeds. So far i have a nice looking napkin full of seeds that are coming along nicely. I even planted one of them wednesday and it sprouted up this morning. yay. I guess if it makes it thru the week i will try again with the Bhuts and Tepins. fingers crossed
Lot of this going around. I had to start my crop over, too. Same mistake.

Heres a new updated pic of my proud chilies.

NEe4dZU.jpg

Two red bhuts in white cups. Four mystery hots in front and left blue cups and two mystery sweet peppers from a hydro store that closed down a few days after they gave them to me. i have been waiting a month and a half for most of the germination tray togerm with only one sprout a couple days ago. Red bhut. i should have fun with what i have tho yay.

Im using a mix of 2 parts happy frog, 2 parts ocean forrest and one part worm castings. Spraying every three or four days with epsom salts and worm tea. They look very healthy and couldnt be happier with my new progress. Still 0/35 Chiltepin germ and 2/30 Bhut germ since my last post. we can call it 0/25 and 2/20 since i think i fried my first batch in the sun with my heat mat still in use lol but these are horrible numbers. seed are from refining fire chilies. Anyone have any good things to say about that site? Im at about 40 bucks for 2 germinated seeds from them :(

My 2 mystery sweets
i pinched the buds off the one on the left yesterday and also pinched the top growth on both.
OpxUWuc.jpg

RV8Zwyu.jpg

My mystery hot peppers
Q88lLzU.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
xizLroG.jpg

7u7EOPP.jpg

dgSjWXW.jpg

Second bhut is probably a gonner as i broke some roots yesterday putting it in the cup :(
All in all i am really stoked at the growth and awesomness of these little guys
The Bhuts are getting 16 hours under my t5s and the other peppers are now only receiving sunlight in my south facing bay window. They also get a good cross wind from the sides of the window that open up

My lonely little Chiltepin about 6 days old
nkTPqp9.jpg

Some Bhuts in a row
OlrKJ7D.jpg

Potted up my largest Bhut since i was bored
5x5
9KWWRld.jpg

The Bhut i transplanted and broke roots on is finally starting to grow again
MfXIt2S.jpg

A quick shot of my sun loving plants. Anyone know why the leaves are curling like that on the right plant? I dont water but every 8 or 9 days since the pots almost never seem to get very light
kba8D8r.jpg

and finally my first fertiliser
N71aXPD.jpg

Does the tequila help with your grow? ;)

Looks good!
Looking good, ironic that I too keep my change in 1800 bottles.

Thanks guys. well heres an update on my little guys

Hermosillo Chiltepin coming along
J0YVat7.jpg

This Bhut was potted up Friday and got 3 tsp Plant Success Myco. Still inside under lights.
2Cvs7Zm.jpg

@ other Bhut under lights as well
PrexjOd.jpg

These are my 2 Mystery hots in the bay window. The left one was topped March 21 and the right was left untouched. They are from the same exact pepper and you can see a huge amount of growth on the topped plant
G7Racbf.jpg

This is also the same mystery hot. This one is also topped and has been outside day and night for a week.
8xJ9p4c.jpg

My sweet peppers. One on the left i pulled some nasty leaves so it kinda looks bare. Still has a weird leaf curl going on. The right one has about 15 buds on it. I had previously pinched the buds on this one and now they are back a month later in bigger numbers. Maybe this time ill see what they do and leave them on
PxJ9Ztg.jpg

2ZlrO84.jpg

And finally my Largest bhut getting only Sunlight now
oI4XxAx.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this update thanks for looking and comments and suggestions welcome

Most plants are outside full time now.
Mystery hots
MwJH7Bf.jpg

K1RohD4.jpg

Oicfap7.jpg

Bhut was topped a few days ago
7wYg7DK.jpg

Sweet peppers
AEvZJcQ.jpg

Dk4aI5N.jpg

These 3 were potted using different potting soil as an experiment. 80% soil ammendment 20% garden soil with a bunch of perlite added. See how it goes
l3YU4lj.jpg

Got my first pods going woohoo

Sweet pepper with about 20+ flowers
dcH1TOX.jpg

Ov9D6OY.jpg

Mystery hots
Jet8lGm.jpg

RxgHbvJ.jpg

mUJ4g2s.jpg

Bhut red the only one outside so far. freshly sprayed with neem for aphid control. Found a few earlier today and killed them
jkiFIjl.jpg

My other Bhuts with a lonely Chiltepin getting sun now. No more under lights
kdg2KvW.jpg

Couple of walmart peppers. Jalapeno and red bell
0tm9YOM.jpg

Finally my other mystery sweet
FvFUN8B.jpg

Thats all for this week. Cant wait to identify and eat my first sweet pepper

Sweet pepper poddage getting pretty big
79hfL54.jpg

Red bhut potted up into 7 gallon air pot
RUvk3JM.jpg

found a mealy bug and a bunch of aphids on the right plant  Sprayed with neem again. The bhut was untouched seemingly
zJ5j60t.jpg

My sweet peppers flowering and producing
2QJWUfz.jpg

OsQVwSI.jpg

Two remaining mystery hots growing taller and taller. The second one was topped earlier in my glog.
Jjj9Jw1.jpg

jqBw4O5.jpg

Bhuts. second one was topped at the same time as my others. First one i left alone and glad i did. i just like the way it is growing
9GR1Eqf.jpg

DZzpAmf.jpg

Bhut and Chiltepin (hermosillo)
SEE6Wcp.jpg

Jalapeno and Red Bell
jhckT6D.jpg

Back