beer Home Brew

Hi Folks..... ive been going to do this for a while.

I make my home brew from scratch. I have built a grain mill that cracks the malted barley, i soak it in hot water in the temp controlled brew rig and boil it with hops of my choice.

i have temperature controlled fridges to firment in and gas teh beer after filtering out the yeast and drink it off the tap from the keg.

here are some pics of the brew rig.

the_complete_rig_edit_Large.jpg

panelandpipeworkunderHLTandMT.jpg

HLTandHERMSSolenoidsandmashreturnte.jpg

entirePanel.jpg

here are some of the nice beers i make. There is no boundty to what i can make.

german wheat beer
IMG_3475380x570.jpg

11% ABV Imperial IPA
iipa_080807.jpg

Keolsch
Koelsch549x824.jpg

porter
Brownporter.jpg

who else here makes home brew?

I love a good beer with chilli of any sort

I think this will be a great spot to talk home brew and how you take it with your chillis.

Im planning a chilli beer soon so that will be here to in the future.

join in folks!

cheers

My friends are always telling me I need to brew my own beer, but I prefer drinking other people's.

That dark beer in the Toohey's glass sure is a purdy thang, when should I drop by?

I brew. I don't have near the setup you do.

I have been brewing for 2 years or so.

i have done 25 batches or so, from Imperial stouts to a Munich Helles and just about everything in between.

I have a Marzen bubbling away right now and a flowery APA and a SNPA-like IPA in bottles.

That is a nice set-up! I guess that coil is an immersion chiller? It looks a little small unless it is counter flow. Sorry it is the only half intelligent comment I could come up with!

What's the German wheat beer like Tony? My Uncle swears by it, I'm sure what he drinks is quite strong, well he always seems pretty pis*ed after drinking it.

holy crap thats one hell of a setup!! Its hard looking at the pictures then seeing your avatar ... I dont know it just hits me weird

Na thats not me in the Avatar. I have perfect teeth and less hair.

The copper coil in the picture is used to maitain heat in the Mash. I use a pump to recirculate the mash liquor through it (the tank is full of hot water)

GErman wheat beer.... one of my fav's. Its an easy drinking beer, with low bitterness and high carbonation. The use of wheat malt gives the beer a "fluffy" light mouth feel. It is firmented with a special yeast that produces subtle flavours like babanna and clove and its bloody delicious. Its usually served cloudy with the yeast mixed in as this is where its flavour comes from. Drink it cold in a tall 500ml glass.

Rainbowberry.... i would highly recomend you try this style of beer. you shouldnt have any trouble finding it in england. Its usually called Heffeweizen or weissbier.

Pam..... the dark number is an English Brown Porter. Its a great style of beer. chocolate and smooth crystal sweetness. I brewed that one with an american hop called wilamette and it was delicious. THe keg ran dry real fast.

OOOOOO i didnt tell you i have it on tap did I.

In the pub, a crap beer coats around $4. In the cities its more. lots more! Ive paid $8 for a hot bottle of Boags premium at Melbourn airport.

I make premiun beers for 45 cents a schooner or 50c a pint.

Its the best tax dodge in the world!

cheers

Oh and this is me after a day fishing

Mewithfish-1.jpg

Aha! Now I know your true face. Soon I will be in Australia and I will find you. Then you will take me to your secret hide out where I will steal the planes for your brew tank...and the WORLD WILL BE MINE!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously nice set up!

tony05 said:
Rainbowberry.... i would highly recomend you try this style of beer. you shouldnt have any trouble finding it in england. Its usually called Heffeweizen or weissbier.

I've seen it sold in England Tony. My uncle drinks one called Schneider weisse.

:lol: The world isnt mine...... yet..... so it doesnt work.

as for plans, there were no plans. I just had what i wanted in my head and started screwing fittings together and bending up pipes. It worked out great.

I do have a wiring diagram for it but thats about it.

Do you want to build one? I got a lot of the gear from where i worked when the stripped out old plant and installed new gear.

I worked out it would have cost me thousands to build but i kept that cost down to about $600 aus. the pump was $250, metal for the frame was $100 and pipe and fittings ect cost about $250.

you can get temp controllers ect cheap of the net if you look around.

Ranibowberry...... thats a great wheat beer!!! its a bit darker than come but a clasic of the style.

cheers

tony05 said:
Ranibowberry...... thats a great wheat beer!!! its a bit darker than come but a clasic of the style.
From what I remember Schneider Weisse is quite strong. As for Ranibowberry :lol: usually I get called Rainbowbeery by mistake.

Magic set up I used to brew all the time just the basic set up you get. Then I turned into an alcoholic and couldn't keep up. lol nice looking brew.

Back