Greetings from my snow-burried house in Connecticut, USA

Greetings!

I've been lurking on this site for a while now... started making barbecue sauces last year with some great success, until one day a mustard based BBQ sauce called for habaneros diced into it and it got me on the path of pepper sauces in general.

What an addiction! And a great way to fumigate the house as well.

I have been keeping track of all my "mashes" and "sauces" in grams so I can duplicate it. I would love to be able to actually sell the stuff someday.

I'm not keen on making the 'blast your face off' type sauces, I do have a curiosity and respect for the myriad of middle heat sauces and milds, especially since you can reach a broader base than people with iron stomachs.

I can't wait to see what this site has for information. I really need to find a way to get a consistent thickness in my sauces (either too loose, they separate too far or is so thick I can't use the shaker)... and to figure out a better way to strain out the seeds after processing (even though I do a double pass in a professional kitchen strainer that catches 99% of the seeds, some still come through.

Anyway, I plan on taking at least 1 or 2 of my recipes far enough that I can sell them... starting at farmers markets and then to stores if possible.

Thanks for hosting this great website!

Attached is my best mash so far, Mash 012... perfect consistency and a deep habanero taste that matches its pungent aroma.

Attachments

• 404894_10151270129526977_304765964_n.jpg
    404894_10151270129526977_304765964_n.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 61
Welcome from Austin TX. Welcome "CHEAT" to this great place. Have you tried usNatural Gum Arabic in your sauces? You won't have seperation problem.

Welcome from Austin TX. Welcome "CHEAT" to this great place. Have you tried usNatural Gum Arabic in your sauces? You won't have seperation problem.

Thanks :) Also, no I have not tried it. I was afraid to add anything yet that might change the color or taste. Natural Gum Arabic?

Thanks :) Also, no I have not tried it. I was afraid to add anything yet that might change the color or taste. Natural Gum Arabic?

Yes. Edible gum is available cheap in Indian grocery stores. Try it out.It is tasteless, colorless and does not alter color of sauce in any manner. It is not an additive per say but an ingredient.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :welcome: [/background]to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina of North Carolina!

Guar gum is a natural product from Asia that has been used in food and textiles for centuries.
It is one of the classic gums we used in textile printing and dyeing 'back in the day'.
http://www.foodaddit...s/guar-gum.html

Xanthan gum is a modified form of a sugar. An excellent thickener and suspending agent,
it is also thixotrophic, which means that when agitated by brisk stirring or shaking, the viscosity
decreases and it flows. This is a very desirable property in filling and dispensing gels and suspensions.
http://www.foodaddit...nthan-gum.html
Xanthan being a manufactured product is very consistent and is more useful today.

Did you guys in PA luck out? I used to live in Pottstown, PA west of limerick, about 40 minutes from Philly off 422. Worked in Collegeville... I think you guys may have lucked out from this crappy storm!

Back