• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

More new plants

Here is a pic of my latest 3 sprouts

Picture-3.jpg

scorpion,7 pot,and tobago seasoning...

This time I remembered which is which lol.Ive heard alot of good and bad about peat pods..Maby im lucky but man the success ive had with no mold problems..damn...Im going to have to get a friend to grow the rest of the seeds for me as ive run outa room and the grow room promised never happened..And as for a post I did a while back about my mystery pepper plant dieing off on me well...the damn thing is re-growing!!It must went dorment for a while...Either way ive planted a few more..

i never had trouble with peat pods it's the pots i had mould with. they make both out of coco coir now but they're much more expensive (i guess not a lot of people are making them yet.)

GrumpyBear said:
i never had trouble with peat pods it's the pots i had mould with.

I'm thinking he meant pots, or possibly pellets, not pods*; but with our loverly Canuk Pepperhead, who can tell?

they make both out of coco coir now but they're much more expensive (i guess not a lot of people are making them yet.)

I looked at both the coir pots and the cow pots, and they both look nice. It's just too expensive, I'd have a couple of hundred dollars in just the pots.

*say that three times real fast!

I saw a DIRTY JOBS episode on the cow pots, frigging awesome.

Nice sprouts brother. The problem I am having this year is too many.

I have culled plenty of sprouts, don't get me wrong. I don't need 14 Vietnamese minis, and I too have to watch the room.

It is the Dorset nagas, the trini scorpions, and others that I have never grown that I am loathe to part with.

Do I need 14 Dorset nagas?......wait a minute, I am trying to rationalize it.......

Pam said:
I'm thinking he meant pots, or possibly pellets, not pods*; but with our loverly Canuk Pepperhead, who can tell?
if pellets are what's in the picture then that's what i meant. i always called them pods, weird.

Pam said:
I looked at both the coir pots and the cow pots, and they both look nice. It's just too expensive, I'd have a couple of hundred dollars in just the pots.
i'd never even heard of cow pots...despite the apparently extensive media coverage...

*it's fine the first couple times you say it but a third or fourth time gets ya...

Thread moved. Growing topics go here please.

Back