• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Best way to cook with peppers...

I win....

8476671529_94931f2a24_b.jpg

8477761808_95fd54d600_b.jpg

HOLY @:$/!4£|!\#]+]}€#!~?.&$/(-!;04€|>\?|€|'dnd!!!!!!!!!!

Yep... you win. Hands down. What I wouldn't give to play 'Slip-n-Slide' down that table of mudbugs... :mope:

All [after seeing yours] we had for Mardi Gras was some Blackened Catfish PohBoys, some RB&R, with slaw and Asparagus...

Thanks for that picture... Love it.

Blackened catfish po'boys?!?!?! Holy moley, I'll bet that was GOOD!!!! Never tried that before. Note to self.......

WHere are you from, ScoDe?

Born in Wyoming, moved to Washington (State).
Never been to LA, but married me up a part Cajun.
She's actually never been to LA either, but we will one day.
We have always loved the food, love cooking it, especially the eating part.

We actually ordered a whole TurDucken from a butcher down there one year. They shipped it to us!
Our Hurricane recipe came from a bartender we called on the phone out of the blue one day about a dozen years ago.
We talked for about an hour.

Yeah, we BROUGHT Mardi Gras to this town!

and you can call me Scovie, :)

sweet! I grew up 10 minutes from New Orleans. I love to see that the cajun nation stretches far and wide! Now if we could just convert all of you guys into Saints fans! lol. Keep doing what you're doing. Makes us "y'ats" proud! I hope you guys get to make a trip to the Big Greasy soon. I try to stay away from the city these days, but I still love the culture.

Here's what became of those crawfish.... just waiting on the rice to finish cooking now. Etouffee, baby! With a little diced habanero nd homemade ghost hot sauce thrown in for good luck!

8477982640_3a3197578f_b.jpg

never had a blackened catfish po'boy.... had just about every other kind you could imagine.... even a boudin po'boy. awesome! Love the hat! Who Dat nation!

What do you think about them hiring Rob Ryan? Not sure how I feel about it, myself... gotta be better than Spagnuolo, either way

ahh yes. I've never had any other kind of Po'Boy. :rofl:

Yeah, we have no desire to go to Mardi Gras in Nawlins... too many people...
I'd much rather sit out front of some fish shack built on poles, gorgin myself with crawdads,
jawin with some old cat whittlin on a stick watchin his big ol dog drool all over himself, with a full jug... proper.

AH-HAW!

take it from me.... there's no better way to see mardi gras than being up on a float. And it's becoming a bigger and bigger trend for native N'awlins folks to skip town and head to Disney World or something for Mardi Gras. I don't go to parades anymore. Same reason you cite..... too many people. I'd rather stay home, fire up the grill, play a little guitar, and get drunk!

If you ever come to N'awlins, come do it when nothing's going on there. That's the best time to get everything out of the experience. And Bourbon Street might be a big draw for some, but it kinda got ruined.... used to be a bunch of jazz clubs, but now it's mostly titty bars. They still have plenty of jazz and live music bars, you just might have to avoid Bourbon Street to see them.

Boobs are better. :P

What y'all know about that in Delaware?????? Awesome!

Thanks with the help with the pic posting, BTW.... now I'm gonna abuse it a bit! lol

What y'all know about that in Delaware?????? Awesome!
I have a few friends from there that live here and in fact they just got back from being there this week. I lived in Austin for 5 years and used to drive there all the time. The guy cooking in the picture above is from there and we did 50 pounds that day.

Cajuns Rock!!! hahaha

Hey Phil - I had a friend tell me that mid-Oct. was a pretty cool time to visit N'awlins....what do you think?

I want to go at a time when it's festive, but not too hype-y....you know?

October would be good... locals really dig Halloween. We take every reason to party and go for it. It's ALWAYS festive and fun, but October isn't "touristy", if that's what you're looking to avoid. The weather's usually close to perfect, too.... most hurricane threats are gone, temperature's perfect.... October's good. BTW.... locals don't show their boobs for beads. Tourists do most of the wild stuff. Locals know how to party without losing their minds. i.e. - we don't riot and flip cars when our team wins a Super Bowl! Who Dat!

You want good food, great hospitality, and just a good time in general, come give us a visit. You'll have locals you just met treating you like long lost family. Why do you think I'm so chatty? I'm a local! I don't live there anymore.... two hours away now.... but it's still in my blood!

I've heard that JHP! And that they mix a good deal of Day of the Dead in! Where the celebration and honoring of passed ones is very festively expressed!!! That'd be pretty cool.....

Back