• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Babyback Ribs

Anyone got any family friendly rub recipes? I'm fixing to fire Ol' Bessie up and I want to try something different. I normally just used McCormick Grill Mates rub.... it's good, but looking to change it up a bit and get more succulent.

8472968915_fc32864c27_b.jpg

Lots of Brown Sugar, and then anything you want,
Garlic Powder, Chile Powder, Black Pepper etc. etc. etc.

Brown Sugar is mucho importanté amigo!

Brown sugar, cumin, garlic powder, lawry's seasoning salt, fresh cracked pepper, chile powder, paprika. I rub the slab down with mustard and mix the dry ingredients and shake all over it and let it sit for about 30 min. My kid doesn't like spicy and he liked this recipe.

Yeah, I like the 3-2-1 method. Perfect ribs. Those rubs sound good, and I should have all of the ingredients. Thanks fellas! I'm hungry now, dammit! lol

I'll have to be careful with 3-2-1 this time.... it's a light slab... 1 lb rack of ribs... just me and my lady. I don't want them mushy.... just pull off the bone tender

Looks sooooooooo good! Picture perfect! I'm lucky I'm about to go eat some too at the brother in laws house. His aren't as good as mine tho! Did you try my suggestion?

Oh. say. now that's what I'm talking about!

Where's the pic of a rib bone sticking out of your mouth and sauce all over your face?

I did, Jamison! Fantastic! Although I'm going to have work at the blending proportions... Coulda used a bit more brown sugar, but I used all I had...

Haha! Want a ribfacesauce pic? I'll work on one... here's the taters... or what's left of them, anyway...

8479760833_7ac3886a40_b.jpg

Ribsauceface....
8480859924_8d6cc8d72d.jpg

dey was! Simple... Olive oil, salt, pepper, a couple of sprigs of homegrown rosemary... bake @ 375 until tender.

Do it! Mine's still outside. I haven't brought it in once... and she's still kicking well! Louisiana winters rock!

Back