grills Master Forge Grill

I had the previous version of this grill which was basically a gas grill gutted with an adjustable charcoal tray. It was time to update and I was not quite up for buying a $1k+ smoker with all the bells and whistles I wanted (smoker and grill with adjustable heat tray with good air seal and air flow). So I looked around and decided the next version of the Master Forge Grill would be ok. After a few runs with the grill I noticed it still had a bad air gap around the lid. Better than the previous version but not good enough. I did some digging around the net and saw people had mentioned adding a wood stove gasket to the lid. The best solution seemed to be using High Temperature Silicone with the gasket because the material typically used with wood stove gaskets does not adhere to the steel used on the grill. There was discussion of the solution but no pictures or records of the result, at least that I could find. After I made the mod, which I am satisfied with, I made a video to show the overview of it.

Here it be.

To commemorate it, I seasoned some chicken breast with some Olde Thompsons Tuscan Rub. I added a half a pod of Silver Surfer's Antilles Fire to one breast and smoked them on the grill. Turned out awesome and hot!

Applewood smoked Basted with Lime and Honey.
IMAG0682_zpsd33dbbc9.jpg

Back