• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P.Dreadie 2013

This a bit early for me to start a log , not much to say or show. But the weather is less than I'd like to see. I know I'm a whiner ... somewhere a pepperhead is looking at feet of snow and not just a few inches like me ... But I'm dreaming about better times .. pods pon de plants .. herbs for da pot ... tomatoes & greens for a salad.

Here's a few shot of things that have sprouted. A mixed batch of things. There should be more soon. This time I tried something a little different . I used those small 3oz bathroom solo cups to start my seeds in. The idea was to save space and soil as they germinated. Some always fail. I've always used 8 oz stryo cups but these look fine for where they are. Soon I'll up sizing they cups.

You may notice that even tho I used tiny cups to start with I didn't make them full of soil. I've always liked to be able to add a little soil more soil as they got leggy at first. Then transplant them.

So this where I'm at now ...watching seedlings grow .. waiting for spring when my plants are larger and what plants I've ordered to show up.

Peace,
P.Dreadie

Photos of mixed peppers starts ..Nothing fancy & there's still many more.

DSCF3279.jpg

Mi lovely morning ! :rolleyes:

DSCF3273.jpg

Peace .....

Awesome! We didn't get any snow down here, just pea sized hail. Nice hoop houses!! Can't wait to see what you ordered. I'm having a tough time narrowing my list down to 12. I just looked up the Rocotillo......looks like a winner!

Chewi I haven't grown the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Rocotillo's in years but sort of remember liking them. Small Red Tam shaped pods . Fairly hot with a nice flavor . Like a heavier "Spice " pepper. I started [/background]several but will probably only grow one .. two at the most. Depends on the space after I grow what I like the most.
You can stare and dream about ALL the peppers and tomatoes CCN has ...you can look over their stuff for days. But you need to make up your mind. Buy one or two of what sounds good . You only learn about them after you grow them and taste them, reflect on how they produced for you. That's a natural progression to me. You have to test drive different types each year and keep growing what you liked before. After a while you find your favorites. Most of us stay kind of small because of "lack" of room to grow.

Peace ....

Don't we all hope Spring is close !!

Erin, great to see ya start a glog … I just clicked on follow so I’ll be checking mon. I wana see some of dem great bonnets in your grow list this year. Snow, Whoa wtf my Jamaican brethren you need to move south ;) No wonder all dem great pm’s reminiscing of your travels in Jamaica, you know da place as good as me mon! Seriously no offense, don’t know how you do it, guess some of us have to … can't wait to see your stuff in da ground! Great luck and success in 2013 :)

Edit: Hey I'm first to follow, did I win ;) lol

Chewi I had posted else where what I hope to grow this season. Guess I should post that here. I know already I'm getting more seeds to start than I thought I might. So the stronger looking will stay and rest tossed . I did get a Papa Joe's so that's good , one I was uncertain about like the TFM so maybe I'll get to see what they're like this year.

This is my idea list and number of pepper plants to grow. I could grow more ( and might ? ) but I'm sure this will give me more than enough to share and supply my needs. I want to grow other vegetables this year so I'm trying to keep the number of pepper plants down.

From CCN

3 .. Bhut Jolokia Red
4.. Trinidad Yellow Congo
4.. Fatalii Yellow
4.. Harold's St Barts
6.. Scotch Bonnet Yellow
6.. Trinidad Perfume
4.. Trinidad Scorpion Red

Jalapeños
3.. Billy Bikers
3.. Jalapeno Jumbo
3.. Jalapeño M

Bell Peppers
2.. Big Red
2.. Quadrato d'ASTI Giallo
2.. California Wonder

Seeds I started .. Most from plants in 2010 .. and 2011 that I grew . Some "give me " seeds that I have no clue of their age. I think they were just passed on ***

6.. Brain Strain .. this is seed from the original source.
6.. Select Scotch Bonnet
4..TFM Scotch Bonnet ***
4.. Big Sun SB or Habanero ??***
4.. Madam Jeanette
4.. Black Thai…. Some plants grew Red Peppers … some Black Peppers , Black plants had purple flowers, Black Peppers will turn Red if left on long enough
4.. 7 Pod Red
4.. Scorpion Red
4.. Rocotillo Red
4..Aji Limon

Last but not least for Lookin' not Cookin' ... they sure are pretty !

2..Purple Passion

Peace,
P.Dreadie

Good list Dreadie! If you've got the Madame Jeanette from Meatfreak, those seeds are crazy viable...Mine popped in 6 days!

And you might not think so, but one of favorite plants to grow is the California Wonder...Last year one of mine grew to 5 feet tall, with huge, dark green leaves and loaded with more massive pods than me, my family, and my co-workers could possibly use...

Good luck with your grow. I'll be following it closely!

Thanks a lot Patrick !!

I did nada last year ... looking forward to this years grow.

Thanks for all the help you've given me in the past . And is your son still playing drums ? ... I hope I'm right there. I'm getting old .. drums or bass as I remember

Peace,
P.Dreadie

Back