• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I know, i know... yes, another leaf curl problem

I went to check on my seedlings yesterday and i saw this in 3 of them:

01naga.jpg

02hab.jpg

I 've checked on different topics regarding leaf curling but didn't get any proper answer...

overwatering, poor drainage, calcium problem, fungus, time to transplant, some kind of bug, fert oveload...

what's the situation here? should i spray some epsom salt?

I water once every 6 days (bottom water, use rain water)
I've used only twice some chilli focus (about 2ml in a lt of water)
Keep a fan blowing over them for an hour everyday
Lights: 06:00 - 22:00

This happened 2 days ago (3 days after last watering)

Thanks in advance

Manolis

Look fine? :dance:

you mean i am over reacting? that's good news! thought it was an overwatering / mites problem

i am trying not to overlove them but i was shocked when i saw them like this...

Thanks a lot. Promise not to bother you again :cool: :twisted:

They look healthy. Do they uncurl at all when the light's off?

Nate, nope they do not uncurl during night.

Some of mine have an upward curl when I start inside, I think its a lack of humidity, but that's a double edged sword. I'll take a few curled leaves over fungus or bacterial infection.

Once I put them out side they grow out of it and never look back.

PS your seeds are in the dirt! :P Thanks again.

I notice that my habaneros definitely have some leaves that curl o the edges, but I don't see it being a problem. Something I notice is that the whole plant can be healthy, and a single leaf will show signs of over/under nutrient, or some other 'sign', but the whole plant in general looks healthy, flowers are good, and pods are forming. These pepper plants respond bizarrely....Sometimes one leaf gets killed with a huge calcium buildup, while the rest of the plant looks fine....It's neat how it protects itself from extremes. What was most amazing was the youngish plants in soil...when they need water, they show it immediately by drooping, complete loss of pressure, but then after giving them water, within an hour or two, they are back like nothing happened. Unless you see really bad problems, these plants will survive bugs, sunburn, overwatering, underwatering, and general abuse for quite some time. All is well.....

They definitely don't look too bad and peppers are some if the hardiest plants I know of. One thing though. They probably want more water. The dirt in the cup looks dryer than Sahara sand. I never let my dirt dry that much on young plants.

I've seen that the Datils my friends and I have grown here always have have an upward curl to the leaf edge. Not sure if that is typical in some other chinenses or not. My Hurricanes also have this trait to a lesser extent.

They definitely don't look too bad and peppers are some if the hardiest plants I know of. One thing though. They probably want more water. The dirt in the cup looks dryer than Sahara sand. I never let my dirt dry that much on young plants.

I try to keep the surface as dry as possible by bottom watering the cups. The soil below is wet though.

Thanks for checking

Back