• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my hydro set up

just wanted to show you guys my small hydroponic set up, this is my 1st attempt at hydro.
the grow room is 4' X 4' X 5'
i have a 2'X 4' flood and drain table with a 40gal res
i am growing with 4" rockwool blocks with a small amount of hydrotron (expanded clay) in the tray
i am using a 400w convertible digtal ballast with hortulix bulbs
i use a varity of botanciare nutrients such as hydrogaurd, pureblend pro grow and bloom, liquid karma and calmag+.

this is my plants 12-20-07
100_3955.jpg

100_3957.jpg

this is them as of 02-24-08
100_4045.jpg

the front left 2 are spicy mustard habs, the front right is scotch bonnet, the back left is a thai sun clone, and the back center and right are golden hab (all from pepper joes)

100_4051.jpg

spicy mustard, scotch bonnet and golden hab

100_4049.jpg

small pepper from the scotch bonnet

100_4048.jpg

a start from the spicy mustard

100_4050.jpg

that main stem is a little smaller than a quater in diameter

they are in the second week of flowering

Thread moved. Please post in the correct forum.

hi abf303

that looks like a nice indoor system,and very clean. do you have any trouble with pollenation of the flowers indoors?
we use bumble bees in the GH but i have to do it myself indoors with the jolokia plants, I just use a Q tip and go to each flower,at least once a day sometimes twice when alot of flowers are open.

good growing mate

pablo

thanks, yeah i do have a little trouble with pollinating. so i do have to use the q tip method, i try to do it every other day.

thanks, i like the all white so i get better light reflection and keeps the heat down a bit. what kind of system do you have?

my plants as of today(03-01-08)

100_4054.jpg

peppers from the spicy mustard hab

100_4059.jpg

the roots of the scotch bonnet

100_4066.jpg

so far i think they are doing pretty good for a 1st attempt at hydroponics :)

(sorry about the image size, i havent been able to figure out how to resize them)

Your pics are clear, but the resolution can be increased. Push the menu button, then Picture Size, then OK button,choose 5.0MP, push OK again.
Also, set the time.
pic.php

The time is not important. I for example have a camera phone which randomly date pictures according to album (not actual date), and I'm not gonna edit each and every picture.

thanks luckydog, you should have no problem to get roots like that once you figure out what works for you. it took me about a month to really get the hang of it, almost killed my plants within the fist 2weeks of putting them into the hydro system :rolleyes:

i use both a MH and HPS bulbs.i have a convertible ballast that runs both MH and HPS bulbs. for the first month and a half i was using a MH then i switched to the HPS during the flowering cycle and will finish with the HPS. my ph is always between 5.4-5.8

here are some new pictures or my plants as of 3-09-08
tommarow i will be raising my growbox another foot and a half so i will be able to have more room for all the new growth

100_4086.jpg

the spicy mustard hab
100_4092.jpg

Great looking plants!

I find that hps makes the plants grow way to big.
They grew to over 4' tall and I had to keep cutting them back.

IMG_2840.jpg

I then used an HPS and a T5 with an actinic bulb and that worked great.
Internodal spacing was significantly reduced.

Back