• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Need advice on salsa recipe

Hey guys my aeroponically grown jalapenos, serranos, and bulgarian carrot peppers are all about ready to be picked and I am ready to make some salsa. Im looking to make some that is similar to the type the company Pace makes, with some sauce in there, not just chunks of veggies. I know that the bulgarian carrots are supposidely "fruity" in flavor, so maybe a fruity salsa would work well with those? I dk.

Any suggestions?

mango
papaya
passionfruit
guava
pineapple
starfruit
nectarine
perches
lychee

these work very well, but i found Bulgarian carrot doesn't have the flavor i like and the skin is a little tough, i would add another pepper to the mix to bring up the pepper flavor
maybe Aji or a Hab of some kind or even a mix of some red and green Jalapenos or even some Serranos
but this is also depending on how hot you want it to be

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks for the ideas guys. I checked out that link and it had some good info on non-saucy salsa but not what I am looking to make.

@Joe

As far as spiciness im not a fan of things much hotter than serrano/jalapenos so I will prolly stick with them : ) Thats quite a few choices of fruits also, not sure I can make salsa without a good recipe to use the fruits in though :confused:

Here's some good reading for you, they also have a regular salsa recipe section and a hot sauce section-

http://www.pepperfool.com/recipe_home.html

feel free to substitute chile you have for what might be listed.

Good Luck, have fun!

Pace is a processed salsa so you will need to cook your salsa to reach their consistency. Also, use thick-walled tomatoes so you get a good dice and not mush.

Back