• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Wing competions .

OK so I was thinking of organising a hot wing comp with a local pub. I was thinking deepfried wings tossed with my sauce?
going up the heat scale and finishing with (and mind you I haven't asked them.) Bents Pain 2 and then a touch of billyboys naga paste through something? Any advice?
Any good links? Creator?
I think I can pull it off. I don't think there is anything like it done in Australia.

Mick

naturally no real prizes maybe a few bottles of sauce and a photo on the hot wing wall of honour? lol
Now just got to convince the pub lol

OK so heres some ideas for rules.
What about this getting 4 wings a plate in 4 rounds with 4 minutes to finish them. and steadily increasing the heat until the final round is just the chile head left. Only 1 minute between rounds, no drinks breaks between the 3rd and final round? if there is a tie or draw what ever you won't to call it in the final round its the last man to go for his drink? Now thats entertainment....

does that sound about right?

Sounds great. I'm not sure that I'll ever have enough 'pain2' to feed a crowd. I'd be happy to combine a good dose BB's concentrate with 'pain' though....that should sort them out (if it's ok with BB of course)

I think it'd be ok to have a drinks break before they do the last round if they got nagas coming up :flamethrower:

I think we should have something on standby in case of a 5th round. I'm thinking Chilli Factory Turbo Hab paste or similar. Or even same as round 4 but with a teaspoon of BB's concentrate over the top....now I'm having evil thoughts :hell:

What about instead of wings we make it Oz style & do tiger prawns?

As for prizes along with the sauce we could knock up a few certificates for the last 3 standing & a $10 trophy to the winner.

Good plan Stillmanz :twothumbsup:

I use to compete in a contest something like the one you're talking about.
Ours was ribs, every Super Bowl Saturday for about 5 years. Last year was the first year we didn't have it.
All contestants had to sign in up front, at least 2 weeks before the contest. There was a 10$ entry fee, so only the serious need apply.
Each contestant would supply 1 full slab of ribs, n cook ribs on site with
their own special sauce. I guess in your case that would probably equal out to around say 50 to 60 wings per entry. First place was a tee shirt with the name of the n event n the year, plus a pic of your self on the wall of shame,(over the toilet) which stayed there for 1 full year. Or until you were dethroned so to speak. Second n third place would split whatever money that was brought in from the entry's.
5 judges, blind taste testing, so it's fair to everyone.
All contestants drink at 50% off the regular price, pay as you go. But don't post that, just an added bonus for partaking in the event.
All patrons eat free. A few of the locals would bring a favorite dish that they make of whatever. Then later if you're still standing, we usually had a live local band. It was a full day of fun, food, n drinks.

4 min. to eat 4 wings each round seems like a long time, maybe I misunderstood ? you could do who eats the most or elimination rounds the couple slowest are knocked out in each round. the tie breaker could be who could eat a fresh naga & doesnt drink anything the longest time - of course the tie breaker would be right after the final wings w/o a drink between those wings & the naga challenge :hell:
the thought of a entry fee to pay for the wings & stuff & to give a cash prize to the winner sounds good.

4 minutes is the time I picked because I didn't want anyone to choke trying to stuff themselves (I want it about the chilli burn not the speed eating) I've got some wings I'm gonna give it a go tonight If it requires less time I'll change it I just don't want it too short.
My whole wariness is due to the possibility of litigation, I want to give the contestant the chance to eat the wing in a reasonable time I don't like the idea of being sued.lol I think by round four with your mouth burning hard and your belly full of beer and wings its gonna take 4 minutes to eat them lol.
Its still all testing stage though, although I got a meeting at the pub set up for Monday. Just need some art for the poster thinking about asking a tatoo artist. I got a few in Mind.

I made some classic wings tonight deepfried then just doused themin my sauce range. They tasty. Fire and the Inferno prove a fiery challenge and the devils tongue jerk sauce near made me tap out lol.
I'm onto something the pub sounds keen its just the liability side I think could be a problem. If they don't go for it then first FIERY WING CHALLENGE will be held at the back deck of our shop. It will be invitational there will be nibblies but sadly byo. I could probably fit 50 back there. We'll video it and then I will take it to ten pubs and ask if they want to do a "wing crawl" ...they only get yone chance because this is gonna be large peoples... Igot the 3 photographer lined up and Brisbane extra are at least answering my emails.lol

Was just thinking...you could have two contests...the hot wing contest and the "fresh off the vine" pepper eating contest...or you could use the fresh pepper eating contest as a "tie-breaker"..

pepper eating makes me nervious...

I think if we don't get a go with the pubs and we get kick ass response and the possibility of a huge crowd I might contact a football club or a similiar we will wait and see...
regardless its gonna happen.

Mick

Well the comp at the pub is go! They love the idea and want to "expand on it" god knows what this means but it can't be all bad.... the big nuts and bolts meeting will be early next week.
I gotta get some things on paper and a poster prototype. lol
Mick

Wow thats great news...and a little frightening too. Is that at the 'Blue Moon' ..is it still called that?

What are you thinking of for the posters?

I was gonna be boring'
and leave it as "THE FIERY WING CHALLENGE"
I was hoping to get a cartoony pair of wings on fire as a image or something maybe an angel with horns fire and brimstone etc etc I dunno I kinda want that tattoo oulaw art look, there's a tattoo guy who eats at the shop alot, I was gonna get him to draw me somethin. I gotta see what the Full Moon wants too as I'm sure they will want something lol.

Mick

Back