• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Scientific name for people who breed Chiles

I'm writing my second novel and need to describe a group of scientists who breed Chile Peppers.

I'm looking for a word. Is there anything appropriate to use that is less generic than "botanists?"

Thanks

Capsicumologists?

Thanks for all the interesting replies, but it looks like I am going with "botanist."

Scoville DeVille - Thanks for the offer, but I'm OK.

In any event, I hope all you folks will enjoy reading Mission Manipulations, which should be out by August. In the book, a spy agency grows superhots to torture their prisoners with. Think of the devious possibilities! You will all love that content, as well as the rest of the story.

As I understand, a Horticulturist is someone that breeds/propagates/studies plant breeding, a Botanist is more like someone who studies how/why plants grow. I could be wrong, as I didn't google the definitions yet.

As I understand, a Horticulturist is someone that breeds/propagates/studies plant breeding, a Botanist is more like someone who studies how/why plants grow. I could be wrong, as I didn't google the definitions yet.

Thanks - Horticulturist is better than botanist - from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horticulture

Horticulture is the science, technology, and business involved in intensive plant cultivation for human use. It is practiced from the individual level in a garden up to the activities of a multinational corporation.

peppertuner chilisplicer one of em two is what i would call it , mybe i will fine tune a few chilis i hear it takes 8 years 4 if you have a green house 2 gens a year

Back