• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Moruga Project

Try hosting them on www.photobucket.com. It's free and then post the image code of each picture into the reply box.

moruga030513a_zps17bddd71.jpg

I would like to work my way up to a real grow room with hundreds of plants. I have the plan and a budget to get it done and am working towards that end.

Ideally, I would like to have a room full of 6 shelf units with morugas. As far as what I would like to do with them, I want to plant as many in the backyard and sell some of them on eBay... they're really ripping people off on eBay for pepper plants!

I wish I lived in the South. Yesterday I saw pictures of Tabasco's Avery Island orchard and man- 25 square foot plants with hundreds of pods on them... a 20 year old pepper plant... I would love to have that.

I also make my own hot sauce. This time with morugas, I will make a small batch and give it to friends and family... but as you all know that won't be until 2014 or 2015.

The first tiny little buds of the first true leaves are just starting to come out from the top shelf.

And on the bottom shelf I have pots I seeded in another room that never took hold (probably because it was too cold in that room). They have been under a 22 Watt bulb for about 2 weeks and today 6 new plants popped up- one of them looks like a blade of grass, I'll keep an eye on that one. On the bottom shelf I have about 15 pots that haven't seeded yet.

I also seeded a tray of 72 seeds a few days ago- that's the "third round" of plants which is what I wanted- waves of plants in different stages. I have about 20 on the top, 10 on the bottom with 15 more yet to crack, and 72 more just seeded.

I am pointing out that I am using a 22 watt CFL that gives off 100 watts of light on the plants for 15-18 hours a day and so far I don't see a problem with "that little amount of light".

You're seedlings are looking leggy morouga. You need to decrease the distance between them and the lights. When you go to pot these up you can bury a majority of the stem and roots will eventually grow out of it. That's a good thing.

Recycled 24 oz. Diet Coke plastic bottles. I drink it by the ton. I can only imagine what the garbageman thinks with me and my top halves of bottles- pretty funny. But yeah- I am saving the Earth! And myself a quarter! Times 200!

Here's why I don't use 2 Liter bottles:
moruga4a_zps12189d80.jpg

Here's the bud of the first true leaf:
moruga4b_zps52184e50.jpg

Recycled 24 oz. Diet Coke plastic bottles. I drink it by the ton. I can only imagine what the garbageman thinks with me and my top halves of bottles- pretty funny. But yeah- I am saving the Earth! And myself a quarter! Times 200! ...
My KO stock loves you ;) and hats off mon for saving mama earth \o_

good to see some Earth saving going on :) Nice grow :) agree with the "Leggy" comment, u need to decrease distance from top of your plants to the lights, without burning the plants :) Just my Dos Pesos :D

Dale Jr

I need proper lighting for the plants which I do not have. I am going to sell my guitar amp to get the money to take it to the next level, and proper lighting is on the top of that list- 4 foot flourescents. Taking inventory, I have 39 babies with some of them starting to sprout true leaves, 25 pots that didn't sprout in a month (and in a week I will recycle them), 72 plants I seeded 3/3 and 72 I seeded today- 3/7. I have room for 200 plants on my shelving unit and plan to fully grow up to 100 of them in 5 gallon buckets. Might buy a second shelving unit, might set up shop outside- spring'll be here in 2 weeks.

Thats gonna be a lot of heat man! Huge plot too. No other veggies tho? Just a quick couple tips, your soil looks awfully wet. Let the soil dry out before watering. And one other thing roots don't like light. Might want to throw some duct tape or something around em. Just my $0.02. Good luck man can't wait to see that garden planted out! I'm lookin at all that white stuff in my back yard too. Won't be too long now til its full of green plants!

Nice garden area
Bad Snow

Take it that area is for the next step up? Good luck dude, lucky to have some outside space to use.

Growing a few moruga's myself so will be poping back in to see your progress

Pete

Back