• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

My First Hotsauce

Hello guys i am new to THP.
This is my first hotsauce.

I am unable to work out how to post pics so there are none for now
but help would be appreciated.

Recipe:
5 Cloves Smoked Garlic
25 Scotch Bonnets with seeds and membrane.
3 Jalapenos without seeds with membrane.
3/4 of a liter of orange juice
100 ml lemon juice
Liquid from a small coconut
3/4 of the coconut meat.
4 Bananas
Half a large mango
250g pineapple chunks with syrup

All blended up and reduced for 15 mins.

This is makes a very tropical flavoured sauce. It seems quite sweet to begin with but then the fruity
scotch bonnets and jalapenos come through and provide heat and flavour.

My next sauce will be fermented scotch bonnet with chipotle and birds eye chilli.

Any help with posting pics and hotsauce tips will be gratefully received. Also if anyone knows a good sauce of woozies in the uk i would be very grateful.

Thank You Ben

First off: :welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Secondly, that sounds like a devilishly good hot sauce... I may just try it sometime!

Welcome-

nice sounding sauce. There's a post in the Announcements forum on how to post pics. Use a Photobucket or other pic hosting site. Someone will post a link soon. ;)

First off: you never forget your first ;)
Second: upload your pictures to a free service like photobucket or one of the many others, copy the code and paste into your post here.
looks like: [code][img]htpp:blablabla.jpg[/code]

I use a site for my jars: http://www.jarsandbottles-store.co.uk/index.php/glass-bottles.html

You can maybe give them a look? I usually buy bulk but I imagine they would do smaller amounts.

First of all welcome. The sauce sounds great, definitely tropical. My only question is why the smoked garlic. Garlic I get, but smoked and tropical don't usually go together do they? I don't know. Actually, I have never heard of smoked garlic. I might have to try that in a smokey hot sauce for bbq. Can't wait to see your pics.

Back