• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The best for stuffing with cheese

Hello everybody!

I'd like to say "hello" to every single user on this forum as this is my first post in here. I've decided to create an account because I haven't found the answer to my question. And the question is...

What varieties are good for stuffing them with cheese (feta, curd, etc.) and pickling with olive oil?

I know that there is a Cherry Chili but there are probably many more! I'm especially interested in varieties that are mild. Some heat is appreciated but I wouldn't feel the taste after eating superhot stuffed with... anything :onfire: .

524_01_3005.jpg

This is what I mean!

Cheers!

go welcome your self in the welcome section. so people can meet ya. but any pepper is going to be awesome stuffed with cheese.is that pic yours? they look great :drooling:

shoot anything is good stuffed with cheese

This picture is from the Web, sadly. I hope to make something similar myself but I must grow my own pods first!

Jalapenos are the obvious choice. I look for more interesting ones. Preferably quite small with a nice amount of sweet flavour finished with that little bit of nice heat. Some of you must have made them before, share your choices, please. :rolleyes:

i used cherry bomb peppers... but all the heat is were the seed are. so when you dessed and clean up to fill with feta (or other cheeze...) all heat is gone...

so i add hot pepper (like fatali or habanero) in the cheese and fill the cherry bomb with them!
make a great mix! and you control the heat you want since it's you that add "heat" to the cheese

tried fresnos but not great filling them due to the narrow end

Peppadew is another good one if you can find them. You won't find them fresh, but I have seen them jarred in grocery stores.

This picture is from the Web, sadly. I hope to make something similar myself but I must grow my own pods first!

Jalapenos are the obvious choice. I look for more interesting ones. Preferably quite small with a nice amount of sweet flavour finished with that little bit of nice heat. Some of you must have made them before, share your choices, please. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that my suggestion didn't meet your standards. If you want more heat try Scotch Bonnets. :rolleyes:

Welcome Monto~

I think red/ripe peppers would work better than unripe/green peppers. Ripe jalapenos are non-existent in our stores, only greens available. If you make your own using olive oil for the marinade ("pickling" usually refers to a vinegar-based process) I'd suggest keeping it refrigerated. There's probably some good recipes out there on the inter-whebz, look for one from a university extension service, or one of the websites from a canning company like Ball.

Generally, any round ripe chile would work good. How Hot you want it is up to you. Red jalapeno, manzanos would work well for those who can take that level of heat, or red habaneros... around here we have some mild multi-colored chiles at the grocery store that would work good.

Have Fun and welcome~

Sounds like you are looking for a Fresno. Mild, incredibly flavorful, with a nice thick wall. If you never stuffed them, you should.

-Mark

Hi,

For stuffing, Chimayo, Poblano and Christmas Bell (or Balloon, Pimenta Cambuci, Campane, Peri Peri, Ubatuba Cambuci, Uba Tuba, Nepalese bell, Aji Flor, Orchid, Bishops Hat, Bishops Crown and etc. for this variety)

7790787872_f9db1a3e3b_n.jpg

JayT, regarding Peppadew, you have email.

Anaheim or poblano for the milder peppers, cubenelle for a real mild one. Monzano for the hotter.

There is a video on this site for bacon wrapped and stuffed fataliis made by heataddicts.com. I'll definately be trying that one this summer once the fataliis are ripe.

I've made habanero poppers, before.

One interesting thing I discovered when making jalapeno poppers - We fried them, first, but then froze them afterwards, followed by baking them before consuming. For some reason the texture was better.

Back