vendor Puckerbuttpeppercompany.com

I'm new to this forum, but am in my third year of growing peppers. About 2 months ago, I purchased three seed packets (Carolina Reaper, Red Jellybean, Peter Pepper) from Puckerbutt Pepper Company's website. I received the first two, and instead of the Peter Pepper, I received Red Jelly Devil seeds. I contacted them once via their website, and got no response after 3 days. I recontacted them the same day, and later got one response to each inquiry from 2 different people (One from Curtis, the other from Ed Currie). Both told me they would send the replacement seeds (Ed also offered the option of a refund if I so desired). Once I responded, I was assured new seeds were being sent out that Friday. Another 3 weeks went by, and no seeds. So I emailed them again, and I was sent another email assuring me the seeds would be sent out the Friday of that week. It's been another month now, and I have still not received the seeds or a refund. I'm sure that since I'm a low volume customer, my order gets less attention, but either way, I would expect things to have been cleared up by now. I have had mix ups before with other vendors and have had them corrected in a timely fashion. Hopefully when I contact them later today, I can get a response and have things finally taken care of, but for now it's not looking promising. Hopefully others don't have the same issues I have had.

Sorry to read about your troubles, this type of treatment is unacceptable no matter how small a customer is. IMO good customer service is a dying thing in most companies today both big and small and this is why I'm happy when people post issues so others can read.

BTW ¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

I'm not a customer of Puckerbutts but I have been following them on FB and know that they've been pretty busy at the sounds of things, like for one he quit his full time job this year in order to dedicate more time to Puckerbutts and they've been doing a lot of traveling for promotional purposes so I guess it's possible that you unfortunately got lost in the shuffle so try again .

On another note, I find it very interesting that someone would have a problem with a company, and opt to join a hot pepper discussion community to air their laundry without even an introduction post, and never post again.

This was Monsterhook's 1st post at THP ever? Most of the feedback in vendor forums is from long-time members sharing with other members their experiences. The idea is to help each other.

I find it very odd because if I had an issue with a company, I would address it with the company. I wouldn't go looking for an online forum, join, find the vendor section then post negative things there and never post again.

I dealt with Puckerbutt and my experience was nothing like the incident alleged. I cannot emphasize that enough. I find this "feedback" lacking in credibility.

Sorry, that probably shouldn't have been my first post on here, I just never had time in the past to really get too involved with any discussions. As an update, I finally got in touch with Puckerbutt and got refunded for the seeds, so all is well. Part of my intent in starting this post was also to see what sort of experiences people had with them and if it was worth trying to order from them in the future (I don't think one bad experience is necessarily a reason to never buy from a provider again). I do follow the company on their website and on FB and am interested in seeing what the do in the future. Seems like they had some pretty interesting stuff. Sorry if my post rubbed anyone the wrong way.

Ordered 3 types of seeds in Feb. - All arrived within 5 days. So far I have 90% germination with Carolina Reapers, 80% with Burmese birds and 35% with Fatalii. I thought their set up online was very professional and I even got a "How did we do?" email a month later.

I`ve had problems with germinating Fataliis this year and 35% is by far the best rate I`ve had from the 3 seed sellers I bought from.

So, my single experience with Puckerbuttpepper was a good one.

Puckerbutt (aka Ed Currie) is a highly regarded company in many chilehead forums/communities, not just THP. Ed's not that active on this forum, but they are on other forums and chilehead websites. I've had the pleasure to meet and spend some time visiting with Ed, and it was a delight! Had a couple business transactions with Puckerbutt, and it all went smooth. It may be growing pains, or just a really big "oops" for your situation. They have some pretty exciting family things happening also, which will take anyone's focus away from work...no matter who you are....

I have never purchased from them but if you follow Ed on Facebook you would know he is busy dealing with family, travel, paying bills on a warehouse, dealing with multiple greenhouses and thousands of plants I'm not saying that how you were treated was acceptable I just wanted you to know. If someone contacted me claiming they did not get 2 packages in a row that would be suspicious...

And welcome to the forum I like to see honest feedback good or bad :)

Also welcome to the forum and understand running a growing business is a nightmare especially when growing as Puckerbutt is. You won`t find much nicer a person / company to deal with.Nothing against everyone else lol Next time the phone before a open forum . Will make both sides happier with the results . Great day sir

I must say, most of you all most be having good luck with them, because from my expereience, he talks a good game and thats about it.

For starters, I got on the wagoon and order my seeds the first day they were avaiable, and sent a email asking a bunch of questions about the plants. He sent me his number and ask him to give him
a call and had a great time talking to him, But when i planted to packs of seeds, and had less than 15% germ rate i contacted him (via phone) can he told me to send me info and we will get a replacement out. Well that never happen and I gave up and order mine from peppers joes. There was also other stuff we discussed and he things he said he would do never followed through with it. But, i am not going to harp on it here in the thread (even though he never comes here anymore)

Fastford to about 3-4 weeks ago, and i posted a general question on a chili group on facebook about my pods being odd shapped and smooth looking. I had recived a pm from ed asking me to call him to talk to him about it more. So i did the next day and we had a good 45 minute conversation where he told me he would sent me some links to help me out with my growing experience. To this day i still have no recived the links he promised me, after few emails and text message laters, still nothing.

So today i decided to order me new pack of seeds, hoping that maybe i got them mixed or they got mixed up during the packign process. So i sucked it out and order the pack today. For 1 pack of seeds, it has cost me 18 dollars. 10 dollars for the seeds, 6 dollars flat rate shipping, than as soon as i hit payment, the total said 18 dollars. After further review, on top of the 6 dollar shipping charge (website it was shipping by weight) they charged a 2 dollar handling fee on top of it. Also there is no mention of of the hadnling feed until you are to the last page.

Your Order Contains...
Cart Items Qty Item Price Item Total Smokin' Ed's Carolina Reaper
1 $10.00 USD $10.00 USD Subtotal: $10.00 USD Shipping: $6.00 USD Handling: $2.00 USD Grand Total: $18.00 USD

So I also send a text today letting him know that i was placing and order, and if he can send me the links that we had orginally talked about. Still no links, so we will see how long it takes for them to get here.

Ed may be a stand up nice guy, but in my opion from a business side he is horrible. Do no promise stuff if you can not follow through there what you say. I understand you are busy that is fine, but done say i will do it tommorrow and 2 weeks laters still no have doing it.

Personally, i will not order form him again, as i think it crazy charging 8 dollars to send a pack of seeds out. Sadly everybody bitches ab out pepper joes shipping cost, but at least with his you get extra pack of seeds, even if they are jalap, or something odd like that.

So jsut want add my 2 cents, since everybody has nothing but praise for him, and for him being busy like tyler mention (hope it was tyler), even if you are and can handle it, hire somebody to help you. Personally i dont think you should promise stuff and never follow through it .

Back