• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gregs 2013 Growlog.

Hey everyone. Now been around too much since last year. Classes are ending for me this week for atleast a few weeks break, So i figured it would be a good as time as ever to start my first growlog.

Got a room cleared out and got a few lights. Been planting abunch of different things :dance:
I also tried overwintering a number of plants that look like they have survived for the most part.

I'll dig out a camera to take some pictures soon.

Got some floros setup in the room ready to go now. Think I planted another 48 or so tomatoe seeds today. Put a order in with pepperlover for some more types of peppers I didnt have yet hopefully those will be here shortly to get planted as well.

Trying out a few different things with starting the different seedings. Got a few boxes of the peat pellets. Some of the coco coir as well. And well be doing a mix as well for some.

Got some Tomatoes just starting to pop their heads up to say hello. Going to check on getting a small heater into that room to warm things up a bit more as well. The seeds from pepperlover came but it looks like the silly USPS workers couldnt read the non-machineable in big letters.. :mope: Theres Some survivers..Some like the Rocotos i got to try look more like baggies of powder now rather then seeds. Otherwise things are going well. Slowly getting everything planted and hopefully get it warmer in there for the little babies :dance:

Got some Tomatoes just starting to pop their heads up to say hello. Going to check on getting a small heater into that room to warm things up a bit more as well. The seeds from pepperlover came but it looks like the silly USPS workers couldnt read the non-machineable in big letters.. :mope: Theres Some survivers..Some like the Rocotos i got to try look more like baggies of powder now rather then seeds. Otherwise things are going well. Slowly getting everything planted and hopefully get it warmer in there for the little babies :dance:

Don't give up too soon on the smashed seeds. I've had some germinate that you would never think had a chance. Of course, powdered seeds aren't likely to pop, but cracked ones might.

Don't give up too soon on the smashed seeds. I've had some germinate that you would never think had a chance. Of course, powdered seeds aren't likely to pop, but cracked ones might.

Thanks Sawyer. I sent judy a message and shes allready mailed me back that she would resend them again in a bubble env. :) I will toss the smashed ones into little containers and see if any of them will sprout though.

Thanks Sawyer. I sent judy a message and shes allready mailed me back that she would resend them again in a bubble env. :) I will toss the smashed ones into little containers and see if any of them will sprout though.

GOOD! Judy's usually spot-on about mailing in the bubble. I half-way agree with "Arkansawyer" but would count more on seed with embryo not possibly crushed. I really suggest, and you didn't ask but I suggest to soak those manzano seeds for couple days on heat mat in cup with H202 and salt petre. Can get it at Lowe's Spectracide Stump Remover. It's potassium nitrate. I messed with some "smashed" manzano seed and only got two to germ from that "smash" pack, so . . . while some might be okay . . . I didn't reorder because I had the Mex Manz orange and red already hooking. Only have two yellows and they're "trying my patience" ;) Peace, Greg! Annie

Did you try out Carl’s (JJJessee’s) “Borg Sowing” method? Click Here to read about it. IIRC it’s discussed in the last 3 posts, no fooling ;)

You mean mass sowing? I already do! I'm with Carl's theory because once one pops they all do: seeds speak to one another. I never plant one per cell, per pot! Load 'em up! Let 'em gab: "Come on guys! Evabody up!" Nature's DI screaming "up and at 'em!" And Carl took advantage of our WARM days last week, while I was at freakin' JOB :cry: ! I'd rather thin or transplant than have one per, sitting forever, and forever, and forever.

Back