• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Jalepeno from Tabasco seeds?

Got some Tabasco seeds and all the plants which got given away look like Tabasco plants. The plant I got left with doesn't look the same.

27yya7r.jpg

14bmflf.jpg

2zp85l4.jpg

Possible Jalepeno seed mixed in with Tabasco seeds?
Thanks Argo

They look like a pepper I grew a few seasons back called Bomberro.
Mini Jalapeno +/-.
I'm looking at leaf size and pod size and not as long as regular jalapenos proportion wise.
Small Jalapeno type.
My Bomberro was supposed to be from isolated seeds from Mexico,my plant was from a nursery.
I had 1 plant with pendulent pods and one upright.Both started out with upturned pods but one had pods that dropped down soon after forming.
Both were faster ripening than regular Jalapenos.
Made really good Chipotle powder.BUT small 1in. - 1 1/2in. pods took a lot of picking.
Very prolific plant of moderate size in a #15 pot(7gal.).
Nice pepper as far as jalapeno types go,IF it really was a jalapeno type and not just a Mex. variety/Landrace...

Catarina seems less broad to the shoulders.BUT pod variations aren't rare these days.

Can't find the pics.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Went away for Easter, camping, outside of phone/internet coverage.

The pods are mild in heat, the other jalapenos I have growing are far hotter. But this isn't a bad thing. Heat tends to be around the front of the tongue and lips. Nice and juicy with good firmness. A sharp bite with a brief sweetish hint.

Apologies for the blurry photos.
2cdd4cg.jpg

33n88wz.jpg

It's a pretty looking plant, with very dark green foliage, darker than any other chilli I have growing at the moment. I'm happy it got left with me and didn't find a home elsewhere. :)
Thank you everyone for your help :D

Back