• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pimply mild pods? Do they exist?

Flamecycle

Extreme Member
Several of the superhot varieties have the pimply/wrinkly pods (eg bhut jolokia, nagas, 7 pots, some scorpions, some scotch bonnets etc)

Are there any mild or moderately hot peppers (ie sub habanero heat) that have that wrinkly appearance? If so what are they?

I'm not trying to get into a discussion about what is classified as mild, hot, or superhot etc, just looking for wrinkly pods that are outside the ones I am accustomed to seeing.

Pictures Appreciated!

Brain strains are plenty bumpy, but very hot, you could do a cross with that and a TS perfume to take out some of the heat and add a bit more flavor. There are a few Caribean peppers that are mid range heat that that have plenty of flavor. Also some African varieties are bumpy and twisted. Bishop hats are mild heat wise so much so that they are almost sweet they are twisted and have a odd smooth shape to them. Sorry no pics, but I'm sure others will have what you are looking for.

I've only noticed spikiness on superhots like some brainstrains, bhuts etc.

... which seems to go with that wrinkly aspect, I think you only find that in that way on really hot peppers...

I have an aji lemon plant just recently this winter put out some spikes pods. Have no idea why

IMG_4451_zps821a774b.jpg

Plant is about 2 years old never before had I seen I spiked pod. Had about 3 or 4 pods like that . None since

Oh yeah, forgot about Aji Limon, I had the same thing happen, someone told me it was probably stink bugs leaving marks...

Back