• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

penguins pepper picks

not usually one for alliteration but it seemed needed! hehe. anyway. just wanted to show anyone that minds looking at my pictures how my plants are doing. And I apologize for my camera it's my cellphone. so it focuses on the floor and not the plant :|.

I Planted some new guys almost all C. Chinense something about them...
also mostly all habs lol.

from left to right.

Chocolate Scotch Bonnet , Scorpion & 7pod (thanks to bowhunter), Naga Morrich , Jamaican Scotch Bonnet , Red Hab , Peruvian White Hab , Limon , Lemon Drop , Fatalii , Tdad Perfume, Yellow Hab.

then i also set up some lowes shelves but i accidentally got the 3' ones not the 4' ones.. need to go back but it's quite far away and my car doesn't have a big trunk : (. so...

The next plants are ones i started on January 25th of this year.

Just a few of them on the right of the lights.

My Best growing Pasillo bajio. This plant makes me happy.

Another Angle of the Top

Sweet! Sending some sugar your way too lol.

My red habs have been the most stubborn to sprout. I got some from a couple of different sources too. Are you having the same trouble?

i donno this is my first time starting plants in soil. LOL. usually i can look in the hole of the rockwool if i'm curious but now there is dirt in the way.

Hydro is great, but if you are limited by space, it is no good. Also the nearly limitless energy put out by the sun is hard to compete with.

cheezydemon said:
My red habs have been the most stubborn to sprout. I got some from a couple of different sources too. Are you having the same trouble?
I had a whole pack this year where not one sprouted. What do they taste like BTW? I've had Orange, Peach, Lemon and Chocolate Habs and they all have their own unique taste.

so i potted up a couple of plants out of the 16oz cups. transplanted one of my scorpions and a couple others.

--

so my germination results are.
All seeds unless otherwise stated are from Peppermania

6/6 Chocolate Scotch Bonnets
6/6 Scorpions from bow hunter
4/6 Naga Morrich
4/6 7pot from bow hunter
6/6 Jamaican Scotch Bonnets
5/6 Red Hab
6/6 Peruvian White Hab
6/6 Limon
5/6 Lemon Drop
5/6 Fatalii
5/6 Yellow Hab

very pleased with the results..very surprised some of the 'hots' were the first to spring up. slowest were the fatalii and the naga.

then some happy mystery plants

--This is the above transplant in a 1 gallon pot under a 400w hps.

--and then just some weird cayenne i think that is a 3 inch tall complete bush lol surprises me every day with something new just shot up 2 inches and got even bushier.

i love it! it's so small!!! but has been growing leaves out of everywhere since a seedling. hahhaha it makes me smile everyday. something i need sometimes : )

Thanks for all the kind words, i will make sure to pass them along to the kids! they are nice to hear all you guys say nice looking plants :D! makes me feel like i'm doing something right.. and i think it's all okie joe's fault cause i been kicking back and fussing less just like he said lol.

:O!!! i got an acronym name from AJ :O

Your plants look great, and I hope you like cayennes! That plant is going to be so bushy and have a pepper hanging off every branch.

just a 'favorite plant update'

First line of buisness first flower and it's looking pretty!

and of course i have to update on my favorite little cayenne... i think

and then my favorite little seedlings EV ER. my Trinidad Purfume.

so far this is a really nice post to be able to put up because i have not been able to get the rest of my seedlings in 4" pots and the plants i have in cups are drying out everyday quite well. Space :| why did i have to redo my bathrooms now?? right before spring D:

I like your little penguin!

Why do you like the Trinidad Perfume so much? I like it, but I find I like the Trinidad Seasoning and Grenada Seasoning more. Trinidad Perfume is such a lovely plant, when it's covered in peppers it looks like it's been decorated for Christmas.

Back