• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Can You Win A—Throwdown?

Please note when voting: EVERYTHING you see is from a can. Everything! So please keep that in mind.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Vote for who used CANNED GOODS the best!

All of these creations are from canned goods.

Please note when voting: EVERYTHING you see is from a can. Everything! So please keep that in mind. If it looks like it was not from a can... it was! Amazing entries.

None of these look very good but i guess thats cause it all comes from a can. Almost went with JayT but black cherries on a pizza? Gonna pass on this one with my vote but im sure its better then i could do. ;)

Edit: lol alright i will just pick off the cherries and my vote goes for JayT.

I couldn't tell frydad's came from a can. Not one of those things. Will have to look at the others more closely to see what spells can.

Okay. Goin' with the daddy here. To me he nailed the challenge and didn't just put canned goods on a plate or mix them all together and cook. He transformed, used parts here and there, and created a cohesive appetizing bite from all of those ingredients. Well done sir! Menu quality. Hope it tasted as good as it looked.

HOLY CRAP I GOT A VOTE!! :eek: :dance:
Thanks slpknt10l03 !

When I vote, seafood is automatically out, just so everyone knows. Makes me ill and so its an easy way to cut down on the hard choices you have to make in these. (Although I did once vote for dessert poppers that also had seafood poppers next to them.... but I covered that side of the screen and pretended the seafood wasn't there.)

This was a hard TD to do. Would have voted for the soup in a bowl if not for the salmon in it. Gets top marks for ingenuity.

Had to go with Jay Ts Pizza. Had everything been laid out on a table in front of me, that's the one that would have been eaten.

How come this thread has 99 views and only 4 votes? Does everyone wait to see which way the wind is blowing before voting?

C'mon people don't window shop, VOTE!

I (try to) keep my personal preferences out of it and vote on the challenge, but I understand everyone votes differently.

How come this thread has 99 views and only 4 votes? Does everyone wait to see which way the wind is blowing before voting?

C'mon people don't window shop, VOTE!

68 members, 325 guests, 1 anonymous users online - lots of guests and im not sure if they can vote or not maybe thats why? Anyways last post in the this thread and good luck to all. :)

I (try to) keep my personal preferences out of it and vote on the challenge, but I understand everyone votes differently.

I know what you mean... that little flaming crown under the name is like a one-way ticket to paradise and a better life.

So a little bribery is understood. If everyone votes for me I promise to never ever ever make that particular dish again.

I gotta go with fry dad on this one. He did a great job making canned food look appetizing. I could actually see myself being served that in a restaurant.

Not a very good restaurant, mind you.

No. I don't vote based solely on appearances, but look at the list of ingredients and carefully weigh whether I think things go well together or not. So I take my time with voting. But not only that, sometimes it is truly difficult to narrow it down to just one vote, so I'll find myself going back to those who are my top contenders several times before making a decision.

This was a hard TD. I didn't want to just open cans of stuff and "layer" it all on a plate.
I figured if I could transform one ingredient, that would be more in the spirit boss meant this TD to be.
Truthfully, my first popper was good, and the second and third were gross waaayy to salty.

I had to go with SL for the same reason, she transformed an ingredient into CHEESE.
FD did the same transformation and made it look ristoranté quality. How'd he do that?

The one I wanted to eat the most was Lunchbox's stadium size all American. gimme a spork and some handi wipes!

Good job to all who entered, this was a lot harder than it looked without being allowed so much as a dash of chili flakes!

narrowed to 3:

Salsalady
DeathtoSnails
JayT

random hat draw winners:

DeathtoSnails
JayT

coin toss...

and winner of my vote...DeathtoSnails!

--

I'm goin with scovie.
Friggin poppers from a can.
I just think that's smart, and fitting in this community...where poppers are king.

WOW! Frydad had me good with the stuff'd 'chokes but then... OMG!
Fresh made cheese from Goat milk and the brine from pickled jalapeno peppers poured into coffee filter?
Are you kiddin' me? That's something we do on Friday night, but not on purpose.

SALSALADY, YOU DA MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back