• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

ENCONA Hot Pepper Sauce Receipe

Hi all,

My favourite pepper sauce is the Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce which look like this :

5.jpg

I'm growing pepper (Scorpion, Bhut & Brain Strain) and I would like to make this kind of sauce with it.

The sauce contains :
- Habaneros
- Scotch Bonnet
- Salt
- Onion
- Mustard
- and some strange things

Do you have any idea of how to reproduce this sauce with your own peppers ?

It will take trial and error to get the portions/ratios correct. Ingredients alone do not make it simple to reproduce and you should know that being surrounded by French cuisine. :)

With salt that high I would guess it is a mash base.

EDIT:

...and I would be correct :D

Pepper Mash (Habanero Peppers, Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Salt, Acetic Acid) (64%), Water, Acetic Acid, Spices (including Mustard), Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum.

PS. Acetic acid is what's in vinegar. Vinegar = acetic acid + water.

To recreate this you need to create a mash or buy a mash and then add the other ingredients.

It will take trial and error to get the portions/ratios correct. Ingredients alone do not make it simple to reproduce and you should know that being surrounded by French cuisine. :)

Oh yes I know, but I always hope that someone is trying to reproduce the receipe from scratch. It can take a life time, but sometime it worth it (well I don't think it worth it for Encona ...)

@TheHotPepper : thanks for the advices ! Ok, so I'll buy some common peppers and make some tries to reproduce it. The "Modified Corn Starch" is there to make the sauce thicker right ?

they have a few that are good, Encona in my opinion is a much better product than Grace
Encona has a sauce that is sweet it has papaya in it that's my favorite, if you can find it try it very good!!

thanks your friend joe

they have a few that are good, Encona in my opinion is a much better product than Grace
Encona has a sauce that is sweet it has papaya in it that's my favorite, if you can find it try it very good!!

thanks your friend joe

Thanks Ajijoe for the advice. I'll try to find it at my local asian store.

Back