• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Does anyone know what's wrong with these?

A few of my plants are staring to get this brown, dry looking patches on the leaves. At the moment they are on a windowsill in the bathroom.

I have no idea what's happening to them. Also my scotch bonnet as one leaf that's curling.

Here's a few pictures.

This is the Scotch bonnet i was on about:
fdK3JVN.jpg

The rest of these pictures are of the brown spots:
lfzHS3W.jpg

njTUEMY.jpg

NdgIrif.jpg

qa75uKh.jpg

morAvF5.jpg

They look burned. If you get water on the leaves make sure to keep them away from the light until the water is evaporated/absorbed. Water droplets act like a magnifying glass for the light. Think of when you were a kid and used to burn ants with a magnifying glass focusing the suns rays on it. It's the same principle with water droplets on the leaves.

One other possibility since most of the damage is on the tips of the leaves, is it could be fertilizer burn. Make sure you aren't overfeeding your plants.

Ah, the water will be the problem, i used a spray bottle to water them, thanks for the help.

You can always bottom water them, if you dont want to bottom water, just carefully wipe the wet leaves off with a paper towel after watering them, either that or dont put them into the light for awhile.

Back