• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Genghis Grill

SadisticPeppers

Business Member
I just discovered this evening that a Mongolian Barbecue restaurant by the name of Genghis Grill opened up very close to me, and I'm gonna go this weekend.

On the off-chance any of you haven't been to one, the basic premise of any Mongolian Barbecue is you take a decent-sized bowl to a buffet-style line, drop in the starch of your choice (rice, pasta, etc.), then load it up with the meat combination of your choice (beef, chicken, shrimp), and top it off with whatever sauces you wanna put in, ranging from not spicy at all to almost thermonuclear in heat. The quantity, variety, etc., of these items is totally up to you, and once you're done mixing it up, you give said bowl to the cook, head back to your table and wait for them to cook it up & bring it to you. Most of such restaurants have a deal where you can either do a single bowl, or do unlimited bowls per person for a flat fee, and there were a couple times where I definitely pushed the single bowl limit.

My current record involved a little contest with my coworker on my first trip to one (in which I got hooked to the whole Mongolian BBQ concept). I managed to squeeze in several scoops of rice, chicken and 28 ladles of Kung Pao sauce into a single bowl. My coworker was amazed I could handle that much Kung Pao sauce since he could barely handle 3 ladles :) Of course, my stomach hated me for a week after that, but I won ;)

So yeah, this weekend, I'm gonna treat myself to a nice bowl at Genghis Grill before heading to see a movie :)

If its anything like the Wok N Grill up in Twin Falls Idaho, then yes i know what you mean... At the wok n grill its mostly a buffet type restaurant which like you have said gather up everything you want in your bowl and give it to the cook at the wok and he or she basically walks around the wok cooking your meal right in front of you... Awesome stuff right there.... Fill er up Cappy...

Oh I intend to Portuge :) Especially considering I've basically been cooped up in my place for two weeks on account of being sick

Back