• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GNSLNGR 2013,14, and 1 to grow on 2015!,..Just some pics of another on the go "grow"

The grow begins....pictureless. Because everyone should be able to "minds eye" a picture of dirt. Dirt on the road.....
in the back of an FJ for afew days -parking managed by sun light availability.3 days later 1 65 watt halogen to keep em warm.
On the tenth day(10 days after germ beganso closer to 2 weeks), I head back to the ranch-metaphorically thinking...or typing-whatever;)!

Over watered, because got over dry, sink or swim kids.....if you make it, you will rule!
At this point , they're being fed with 2 strip flourescents and a 90 watt grolight.
One cat thought , awesome, it is warm, the humans fuss over this spot, so I will sleep here.I gently extricate cat, for it knows not what it does. I assume waking up in the air will get my point across, as far as "must not sleep there".Seems to work.Uno , my ever watchful Jack Russell Valkyrie Familiar, drives the exclamation point home by chasing "Lira"up the nearest tree.Not much damage due skillful cat handling ;).

3 weeks....getting a watering schedule dialed, most sprouts have returned to their precat status, and yes some got helped back "up".2 or 3 were brutally uprooted in frustration, which I played off as "Let that be a lesson to the rest of you!".No time for the sissy stuff this year.The missing plants have been split and put into 12 Oz'rs.
4 days after this, all potential plantlets were transplanted into 16/20oz cups. Yes I know"Its way to early said the choir"!!!!
Tough shit, hit the dirt, time to drive back to Houston.So I packed up the truck "and they moved to Beverly....", well Houston.
The next pic you will see one tupperware tray, the little kids get to stay home with the evil princess;).

I talk all this smack , and then notice when I get to Houston that the vibration has toppled half of the plants(narrow bases of the 16 oz cups walking around....ahhh F*ck,"We have casualties on the ground, I need air YESTERDAY! I say again...".Shit , Its 23:30.
In 30 minutes, they have been recupped and dual large bore IV'd.To prevent further damage, I seak out plastic cups at the nearest late night Indian owned gasvenience station.....What about beer you ask?....HeHeHe-I left home fully loaded, on ice, I hate driving around late at night looking for beer. I don't really like doing it for cups either, but you what you gotta do, or won't have a grow.The cups were(and did) to provide buffers for the tippers, and were placed inverted in various places to prevent VIT during additional transit required.Photo bucket crapped out so this is it for episode one.
Have a good one-
DJ

Addition relevant comments:
I believe new grow seeds for this round are all Chinense, and in order of appearance:
First up 1. Peach Bullets -R Alber; 2;Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues -3 days.
Second up 3. Carolina Reapers-Pepper Joe/Ed Currie; 4. Bhut Jolokia X 7 Pot Douglah-Matt G; 5. 7 Pot Browns-OBN; 8. Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragon-R Alber;-5 days
Third up 9. Jay's Peach Bhut -OBN; 10. Brain Strain Orange-OBN; 11.White Fatalli-R Alber; 12. TS Yellow x Bhut Jolokia Yellow-??, 13. Bhut Jolokia x Chocolate Hab-Matt G-7 days

Failure to lauch :The Pumpkin (not a Butch T)....Bummer, and 2 others......?????
At the end of the next 9 day stretch ,all were tx'd to 20 oz cups, and nice rootage;)
The beasts of the bunch-Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues, and Then The Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragons, all of which had 6-8 leaves on departing for Ghana.
Beers-
DJ

Hi Dave
Not bad at all, considering their start... I don't think I've ever heard of a mobile germination before. :) That's gotta be some kind of "first". Good luck with your grow this season. Hopefully you won't have to cut and run before you get your harvest in.

Roger thanks guys, its a second though... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh , and to keep things clear...switch the top 2 picks with each other, the top one is showing less plants because some have gone to 12 oz cups -so this is really the second , but its in the first place.....got it? Clear? If not, read this out loud backwards in front of some people , they will think your f**king nuts, and it really won't matter.

Hope you come home to some healthy ones! Will be along for this ride....Love how you always fit a firearm into a pic or two.

Traveling the world's black back waters...nice. Hope you're home soon broham. This place ain't the same without you

Ahh, the scramble for time-on a quick break from the wet work in Ghana:
Plant EMT time!- came home to all lights off but the rear tube.Awesome. ...and aphids for all!Several on the brink of dehydration.
That is what "They are doing great" means to the wife.The tall ones are Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues-they all started at the same time pretty much ,and they never looked back, leaving the others many leaves behind.

This is after they were brought outside and watered on day one.
APHIDS, and chlorophyll fade from lack of light....the droops still evident after a good long drink.

So neem oil suprise time, and outside in broken shade during the day, and back in to full light battery at night.Can't hang can't stay!
I need them to be ready for 6" pots or one gallon pot ASAP. I have 10 days.
The overwinters are doing fine ....a few lady bugs on each. I dig up several , no time for full excavation and retilling so I dig em up,  move drip lines and swap the dirt for each  individual.

My lady bugs are horny ;), I love this as I am podverted!
The overwintered specimen plants are happy, so they get fed and afew get repotted.Here are 2 over 3 types of Purple Bhuts-

The above is one gen away from the initial batch that showed up 2 yrs ago.

The above is from seeds planted last year, the flowers are big and white-different from the other one all around as well.
Next up ...Purple Flash Flower

...and some more

Being no stranger to "They are doing great"....I had ordered some reinforcements from John Ford:Peach Bhuts, Infinity x Naga,Monster Naga, Moruga Satans, and a Choc Scorp.Yes the pic sucks ,but you get the idea.

Dave's grow like mad dogs or get the hell out program is moving along nice-everyone bumped up to 1 gallons for the most part, and then Iget an extra week home! So the day before I leave, I get Melissa's Black Scorpion Tongues, peach Bhuts, Douglah Bhuts,Moruga Satans, choc bhut x yellow 7's,Infinity x Naga, Bhut x TS Cardi yellows,bhut x Cleo's Dragon,White devils tongues, and a few others in the ground.
Then its back on bunch of planes the next day fly 9,000 miles or so back to Ghana.
WHEW. Wait,...who's on first?.....until next time, good growing to all!
Have a good one-
DJ

Nice ... almost the perfect example of dive/drive by gardening .... and the perfect example of why I am such a control freak with my chilli plants. No one else's fine is quite good enough . Glad to see your babies are getting some TLC dave. And good too hear from you again. Some of the seeds you sent me are about 2 weeks until they are in the dirt. Cheers :cheers:

Geez dude...your job sucks! Can you please send me an application? :rofl: Plants are looking good alive so that is better than nothing! Get them suckers in the ground!!!

Dave yor job has you spinning more than a compass in a pulsating magnetic field...

The photo of the aphids reminds me of some of my plants way back when, I 1st noticed them on some of my orange habs....ha, how many people still grow those ? Cute little buggers....SQUISH !

Hey thanks for the Spikey Douglah, Jay's Bhut Scorp and the White Fatalii. Planys are doing fine even thogh I got a late start with them. We'll have to see how they do in the windy city.

Good luck in your travels...

Greg

Back