Hi from another newbie in Tampa!

Hey guys!

So after reading tons of tips and tricks from the forums and I finally got around to joining today! My names Owen, I'm a 19 year old college student from tampa working full time as an EMT for a local ambulance service.

My grand-uncle in Palatka, FL has been growing Datil's for as long as I can remember and makes a sauce that my family fights over. His passion for peppers is kind of what inspired me to start growing. After throwing chili seeds onto the soil of a potato I was growing (and forgot about), I came out on my patio one day and noticed the entire pot was covered in sprouts. And thats pretty much how I got started. One thing led to another and now my patio is covered in pepper plants. So far im rockin' a datil, cayenne, tabasco, habanero, and chili. I've attached pics of the collection (including my new baby habs!), tell me what you guys think!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

--Owen

P.S. I rarely use message boards, so if anyone can tell me how to not have GIANT pictures I would truly appreciate it!

68cyef.jpg

22b9rm.jpg

20qc5z.jpg

jk82s2.jpg

344a0pu.jpg

5plav8.jpg

2ajcitf.jpg

35c1v9k.jpg

Hi Owen and welcome from France.

I like your story and your peppers look very nice !

Edit : for pics you can select the bottom-right corner of the pic to resize it

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Awesome to see fellow floridians here, and even folks as far as france!

PHB, I linked the images from tinypic, can you still resize them that way? I looked for the resizer in the brh corner but couldn't find it.

Awesome to see fellow floridians here, and even folks as far as france!

PHB, I linked the images from tinypic, can you still resize them that way? I looked for the resizer in the brh corner but couldn't find it.

Yes you can. It will set the width & height of the pic. In the WYIWYG editor, on the pic you linked, there is like a grey triangle at the bottom-right corner. When your mouse hover it it says "Drag to resize". Like on the main editor frame.

If you still can't find it I'll send you a screen shot.

Edit : it's not a grey triangle but white square at each corners of the pic

:welcome: From the bayou state of Louisiana! :drunk: :violin:

I don't know about ny of these other folks, but I happen to like the larger pictures. Sometimes myself or someone else has a question with an accompanying pic that requires close up detail. Easier for older guys like me to see details when the pic's big!

Back