• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds True Scotch Bonnet seed source?

OK, I am sure this has been covered, but search doesn't tell me what I want to hear so...

I want to grow true Scotch Bonnets, and I want a reliable source for seed...where they at?!

It`s a great question. I`d like to know the answer, too.

I bought Scotch bonnet seeds from Jim Duffy. I had 90+% germination rates, but obviously they have not flowered or fruited yet.

OK, email sent to the Biotechnology Center at the University of the West Indies at Mona, Jamaica (referenced by the MoA of Jamaica for in vitro Scotch Bonnet genetic material). We'll see what happens...

I can tell you where not to get them... :rolleyes:   It seems that some companies have trouble distinguishing the Jamaican scotch bonnet with the Jamaican mushroom pepper. 

I got my chocolate scotch bonnet from Jim Duffy, they're the bottom 2

first%20harvest%20007.jpg

Reactions: SL3
Scoth Bonnet TFM are the real thing, here's some sample from my past season:

I got mine from Peter (semillas), i've plenty OP seeds left.
Also MoA, Foodorama and Papa Joe's are great varieties as suggested by others.

Cya

Datil

Awesome picture I picked some TF bonnet seeds up from the same place for next year thanks for the post I am hurting to sprout them but weather in cumming Georgia it getting colder now looking for the
Peppers im growing this year to start dieing off soon . If you have any growing tips you think are helpful with the true form bonnets please im all ears thanks again GG

i will be retiring the foodrama yellow scotch bonnet and sticking with the jamaica yellow scotch bonnet from peppermania. the foodrama is nice but the jamaican is just better in both flavour and presentation. both foodrama and jamaican are such hardy plants, both going into their 3rd year.  i also have a local grocery store brand that i will be retiring soon also. i have just way too many plants and way too many yellow bonnet varieties.

though i am tempted to purchase MOA yellow bonnets and the chocolate variety, i will have to see how funds are and availability.

if grown correctly, the yellow scotch bonnet is just such a hardy plant to beat; it is perfect in sweetness, perfect in heat, perfect in shape and perfect in plant vitality. 

keep growing the bonnet!

Jeff H said:
I can tell you where not to get them... :rolleyes:   It seems that some companies have trouble distinguishing the Jamaican scotch bonnet with the Jamaican mushroom pepper. 
Yep I agree. I purchased 'yellow scotch bonnet' and got Anuums.. :(

These are my Jamaican Yellow Hab, the only one that looks like a bonnet, the "Scotch Bonnet I do have dont look like Bonnets, even looking on the web the "Scotch Bonnets" dont look like Bonnets ????

_A045731_JamaicanYellowHab-1500_zps4qqcjjpy.jpg

Back