• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

in-ground Finally in the ground....

All,

Got 60 plants in the ground this weekend and thought I would share pics of the modified irrigated bed design I am going with this year. Soooo glad to get some plants in the ground. More will go in this week. Any comments of tips from anyone who has used this design would be appreciated. BTW, this in in North Alabama...

Before:

20130420-DSC_4646_7_8.jpg

After:

20130420-DSC_4666_7_8.jpg

Very nice!!! Looks like ypu will have a bountiful harvest this year! When I get my house , my back yard will look something like that ;)

Looks great, look forward to the pictures of you crawling under the canopy to pick pods. I have no idea what good spacing looks like any more. The more space I provide between plants, the wider they get.

Definitely a lobor of love... I live a little over an hour away from my Dad who just happens to live on quite a bit of land. I took up too much of his main garden last year with my peppers, so he was nice enough to cut a new plot for me just for peppers :)

His main garden gets ALOT of sun and the peppers last year did good but struggled with the intense afternoon sun. So I chose a place that gets sun until mid afternoon and my pepper garden will be protected by some big trees. In looking at the sun pattern, later in the summer I think it might get an hour of evening sun but it should be fine since it will have a short break before that happens. Hopefully my calculations are right and they will get enough light. Graphic below and middle pointer is where the garen is in the above pictures.

sun_peppers.png

Back