• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Update pics

Here is recent pics of a few of my plants. How do they look? Any suggestions? This is my first year starting from seed.
100_0379.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0383.jpg

No, I wanted to fertilize them last week, but was on vacation so this weekend I am going to use fish emulsion.

The person looking after my plants while I was gone did not raise the lights so a few plants got a little burned. But they should come out of it, I hope.

It is weird I bought 2 24" fluro grow lights for my tomatoes, and a few weeks later I bought 2 more of the same lights for my peppers. The weird thing is they give off a totally different color of light.

7800K, 2 lights give a bluish color light, while the other 2 give a redish color, but are supposed to be the same bulbs

The reason I ask is your plants don't look so good. it might be because they need a little feeding, but the light is just weird and maybe the cause.

Sorry about the endless questions, but it's just really weird. 7800K should not look anything like that. are those T4?

I don't know enough about lights to know if they are t4, they are the 24" fluro grow lights from lights of america that you get at wall mart. They should give off more of a blue light shouldn't, like the first set I have shouldn't they? Don't worry about the endless questions, I appreciate the feedback.

My tomatoes did excellent with the first 2 lights I bought with the blueish tint, so I decided to get two more for my peppers and they are totally different spectrum.

I'm not some kind of lights expert, but the only purple lamps I've seen are with very high temp, massive amount of red and blue and almost no green at all.
I guess their good for something (used a lot in fish tanks), but don't think I've seen any good results with land plants and purple light.

rainbowberry said:
Is it just me or do the ones in the first picture look better than the others?
Well they do seem healthy from a far, so that might be it.
In shape they're ok, but there's yellowing and wilting.

Back