• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Pineapple Habanero Sauce -- Sweet Suffering!

Ok. I've been experimenting for a while now and I came up with a pretty good blend of pineapple and orange habs, mixed with carrots, onions, garlic, vinegar -- the usual suspects. Take a look!

33nuqh4.jpg

Here's another look so you can see how the orange really stands out.

25gcsuv.jpg

Thanks Smokin -- and you are correct, it's a very sweet heat. I've been giving sample bottles to friends and coworkers and everybody seems to really like it. It's good on a lot of stuff, but goes very well with fish or chicken, including wings. One guy at work puts a few drops in his soup for a little extra kick.

Here's a couple more action shots:

104kcxi.jpg

1r3zwm.jpg

25klo4o.jpg

I make a similar sauce with Pineapple, Carribean red Habs, and some other peppers, depending on how hot I want it. Is awesome on wings, havent tried it on fish but will deff be tring in the near future.

The way I do my wings is I spread the sauce on them and then bake in the over. I am not a big fan of having sauce all over my forehead down to my chin when I eat wings. The flavor of the pineapple soaks into the skin and meat so when you take a bite you get a nice pineapple flavor and then the heat comes on. Damn looks like I am having wings this weekend now LOL

That's pretty much exactly like my second sauce i made, except that i fermented mine instead of using vinegar :) It's super awesome on pizza and pork in general!

/Philip

Back